The 5 Cutest Places To Shop In Lexington That Aren't The Mall

Christmas shopping is fun! Fayette Mall traffic is not.

2452
Hannah Morgan

Shopping is great and wonderful and all, but Fayette Mall around the holidays, not so much... Here are five places to stop in this holiday season (or any reason, really!) that never disappoint!

1. The Black Market

516 E High St.

This "vintage inspired" boutique is located in the Woodland Triangle, conveniently near many other great shops. From their jewelry to boots to scarves to skirts, it's hard to walk out empty handed! My favorite scarf, a much loved pair of boots, and one of my go-to dresses were purchased here, and they have held up incredibly well. While as a college student I can't afford to buy more than one or two items here at a time, the prices aren't generally unreasonable, especially for Christmas presents!

2. Peacocks and Pearls

200 Lexington Green Cir #170

This boutique started up in Owensboro, and is relatively new to Lexington. I imagine my wallet has a bit of a panic attack every time I go in, because it's so dang hard to resist buying everything in sight. This store has quickly become one of, if not, my very favorite. I have purchased tights, a cute lacy zip-up hoodie, a very warm vest, and a simple mauve dress. All have held up great so far, and gotten me many compliments. The name "Peacocks and Pearls" sounds a bit too southern-sorority-girl-esque for my usual taste, so I wasn't expecting to find much, but I seriously love this store. If you're shopping for an adolescent or young adult girl, just go here. Seriously. It's right next to the new Mellow Mushroom in Lexington Green, so you can grab some pizza while you're at it.

3. Market 301

Machester Music Hall / 399 Manchester St.

I really love Lexington, and I love keeping my money within Lexington's economy by shopping local when I can. Market 301 is a cool event that happens every few weeks, where several local vendors come together to sell their products. You can find lots of neat things here, from clothes to handcrafted journals to home goods to treats for furry friends. It's all around a fun event to attend, even if you ultimately decide not to make any major purchases. You can find a list of vendors and more information on the website, like market dates, here: http://www.themarket301.com/about.

4. Bluetique

235 Woodland Ave.

Stop by this boutique in the Woodland Triangle after you hit up The Black Market! This boutique has something for just about any Kentucky girl. One of my favorite dresses for any occasion is from here, and it's held up perfectly. This store is so cheery and just puts me in a good mood. I love their thick headbands and accessories. And, my favorite part: 15% off student and teacher discount every Tuesday!

5. Charming Charlie

The Mall At Lexington Green, 161 Lexington Green Cir

Alright, so this isn't a locally owned store, and it has some pros and cons, but ultimately I don't think enough people know about this little gem of a store in Lexington Green. Their prices are cheaper than many other places on this list, but if I'm being honest, I have had terrible luck with their clothes holding up. I don't recommend buying any clothing article you plan to wear more than a handful of times. That being said, this store is an accessory heaven! You can find so many great stocking stuffers here, from phone cases to necklaces to wallets to scarfs. If you're just not quite sure what to get a girl, or need that one extra gift, I strongly suggest you go to Charming Charlie. The accessories truly are enough of a reason to shop here (not to mention, the color coded layout and glitter floors are quite aesthetically pleasing).