The 5 Best "Game of Thrones" Parody Videos

These clever videos will get you laughing as you celebrate season 6

157

I love "Game of Thrones". I love the show and the books so creative content online that celebrates the characters, music, or plot is something I enjoy. The Honest Trailers, cool covers of the theme song or informative videos about the historical references and influences are always fun to watch but my favorite "Game of Thrones" videos are parodies, especially ones that are well-made, clever, and funny. To celebrate Season 6 of "Game of Thrones", I'm listing my top 5 "Game of Thrones" parody videos every fan should watch.

5. Why Being a Writer for "Game of Thrones" Must Suck

In this video by Cracked.com, you get to see the dysfunctional writing team of "Game of Thrones" pitch ideas about what they think should happen on the show, even though it makes no sense. Not only are their ideas completely ridiculous, but to one staff member's dismay, none of the writers have even read the books (to avoid spoilers of course). Watch this funny video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bLaKIN4kA

4. Game of Hyrule

As a fan of "The Legend of Zelda" and "Game of Thrones", this video is gold. Combining the characters, story lines, and tone of both show and the video games, "Game of Hyrule" is impressive, hilarious, and surprisingly dramatic. Remember all those rumors about a "Legend of Zelda" Netflix series that would be kind of like "Game of Thrones". Well, this video shows what that end product might be like. See for yourself by clicking this link (pun intended):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nuwrR6u90

3. How "Game of Thrones" Season 1 Should Have Ended

Every video that How It Should Have Ended creates is funny and this one is no exception, showing the alternate version of one particular scene is season 1 we ALL wish could have happened. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=babT8hR924w

2. Coldplay's Game of Thrones: The Musical

Made for NBC's Red Nose Day, this 12-minute video show Coldplay pitching their idea of a "Game of Thrones" musical. The video features many cast members from the show interacting with one another during rehearsals and actually singing many of the musical numbers. Highlights include narration by Liam Neeson, an awkward interaction between the actors who play Alfie Allen and Iwan Rheon (Theon Greyjoy and Ramsay Bolton), and song performances by Kit Harrington and Peter Dinklage. Need I say more? warch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7xO5P3Az4

1. Game of Thrones as a Seinfeld Sitcom

This is actually a series of videos. The concept is simple but hilarious. Clips from "Game of Thrones" episodes are edited together with music and laugh tracks to turn the dramatic and serious show, into a comedy sitcom. The videos are short but effective, which is why this series makes the top spot on my list of
Game of Thrones" parody videos. Get started by watching Episode #1 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=864gdSC9KOA