17 Times Fall Out Boy Lyrics Accurately Represented My Life

We are the poisoned youth.

368
Q 92.3

Fall Out Boy is the type of band that always writes lyrics with meaning. Any time I hear a new Fall Out Boy song, I'm excited to pay attention to the lyrics. They explain my life in a way that I didn't think was even possible. For all of my Fall Out Boy fans out there, here's the 17 lyrics that accurately represented my life (and probably all of yours too):

1. “Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger. The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger.” –Miss Missing You

We’ve all had someone we thought was our friend end up turning out to completely betray us.

2. “You are what you love, not who loves you.”- Save Rock ‘N Roll

Sometimes you need that kind of inspiration to remind you that you’re worth more than what someone thinks of you.

3. “I’ve got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match”- What A Catch, Donnie

We’ve all gone through a rough patch.

4. “Thanks for the memories even though they weren’t so great”- Thnks fr th Mmrs

To that person who screwed us over enough times.

5. “I thought I loved you, but it was just how you looked in the light.”- Hum Hallelujah

When you finally realize you’re more in lust with someone than love.

6. “We’re all fighting growing old, in the hopes of a few minutes more.”- Rat-A-Tat

No one ever wants to grow up.

7. “I don’t blame you for being you, but you can’t blame me for hating it.”- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More “Touch Me”

There’s always that one trait you don’t like about someone.

8. “I want to scream ‘I love you’ from the top of my lungs but I’m afraid that someone else will hear me”- The (Shipped) Gold Standard

For all the people with a crush they have to keep secret.

9. "I don’t believe a word you say, but I can’t stop listening.”- Where Did the Party Go?

When you know someone’s lying but don’t want to admit it.

10. “Keep making trouble ‘till you find what you love.”- Twin Skeletons (Hotel in NYC)

Sometimes you have to take some risks to get where you need to be.

11. “The torture of small talk with someone you used to love.”- Fourth of July

No explanation needed.

12. “Long live the car crash hearts.”- Thriller

You have to be prepared for the worst, but even if you’re in a car crash (or any other sort of wreck in your life) you can still come out swinging.

13. “Boycott love, detox just to retox.” – Disloyal Order of the Water Buffalos

This is basically saying screw trying to win people over.

14. “Time crawls on when you’re waiting for the song to start, so dance alone to the beat of your heart.”- The Phoenix

Follow your own heart; you don’t need to wait on anyone to do that.

15. "We are the poisoned youth."- Centuries

Although people may try to talk us down and adults may not respect our generation, we have something to say and we can't be put down.

16. “Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can’t say.”- Homesick at Space Camp

Our favorite musicians (Fall Out Boy) always know what to say better than ourselves.

17. “We’re the therapists pumping through your speakers, delivering just what you need.”- Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year?

Yes, they are.

I'm sure there are so many more lyrics that accurately represent our lives but these are the ones that always stand out to me. Shout out to Fall Out Boy for just getting me every time.

From Your Site Articles