18 Times Fall Out Boy Used Similes In Their Songs

They'll make your English teacher dance like Uma Thurman.

3901
playbuzz.com

If you've ever had the pleasure of handing me the aux cord in the car, you probably know that about half of my playlist is made up of literally every Fall Out Boy song ever. Because of my unwavering love for Fall Out Boy, I decided to find all of the rhetorical devices they've used in their songs! Needless to say after compiling a list of about a thousand lyrics, I had to cut it down to just the similes! Without any further a due, here is about every simile ever used in a Fall Out Boy song:

1. "Make them dance like we were shooting their feet." - Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued

2. "So wear me like a locket around your throat." - Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

3. "We’re the kids who feel like dead ends." - I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)

4. "Strike us like matches, cause everyone deserves he flames." - Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Shame Friends

5. "Wear it like a bruise or black eye." - Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

6. "Pull a breath like another cigarette." - I Don't Care

7. "Let the guitar scream like a fascist." - I Don't Care

8. "Oh baby you're a classic like a little black dress." - Tiffany Blews

9. "Come on like a sugar cube but with a kick in the head like putting wings on lead." - West Coast Smoker

10. "I'm gonna change you like a remix. Then I'll raise you like a phoenix." - The Phoenix

11. "My heart is like a stallion they love it more when it's broke in." - Alone Together

12. "Now we're doomed to organizing walk-in closets like tombs." - Where Did The Party Go

13. "We are wild. We are like young volcanoes." - Young Volcanoes

14. "I'm gonna get you to burst just like you were a bubble." - Irresistible

15. "And let your dirty sadness fill me up just like a balloon." - The Kids Aren't All Right

16. "She wants to dance like Uma Thurman" - Uma Thurman

17. "I'll keep you like an oath." - Uma Thurman

18. "I will always land on you like a sucker punch." - Novacaine

Here's to you Fall Out Boy, I'm sure English teachers everywhere would be proud!

From Your Site Articles