The 19 Best Tips For Successful Long Distance Relationship

Too many people still think that a distance relationship cannot work over time.

247

That is why when we are confronted with such a situation, we are often isolated in our approach: our family or our friends may discourage us from continuing or advise us not to get too involved emotionally so as not to come out with it. Broken Heart.

It is obvious that it is far from being easy. I can guarantee this after more than three years of distance relationship.

Miles between lovers make a lot of everyday things much more complicated. And if we can not accept the nature of the relationship, it causes a lot of sadness and loneliness.

But not everything is black either. This geographical distance makes it possible to better appreciate the interactions that one can have with one's partner. We cherish these little things that allow us to continue to live a true life of a couple despite the miles.
In order to help you live this event, I have prepared in this article a list of 19 of the best tips you can find to succeed in a relationship at a distance.

1. See this as an opportunity

A remote relationship is a huge chance to get to know you better and get to know your partner better. It's a test for both your couple, your partner and you.

But you must realize that a distance relationship brings you closer than it separates you. Because if you can bring a happy ending to this experience, then you will come out stronger and more united than ever. Believe me.

2. Establish common rules

You both need to be extremely clear about what you expect from each other in your remote relationships.

Define as soon as possible basic rules that no one should transgress so as not to have a bad surprise. For example, is this relationship exclusive? Is it OK to go out with people of the opposite sex? It is better that you are both on the same wavelength before going any further.

3. Trust your partner

Being away from the person you love can make you feel insecure at times. Despite our love, we can have doubts.

The truth is that at this stage you had two possibilities: you can either constantly doubt your partner, because any way you can never be sure of anything, or you can trust him completely and live a fulfilling and healthy relationship.

Unless your partner has given you a good reason not to trust him, go for the second option and trust him 100%.

4. Communicate regularly and intelligently

In addition to saying "good morning" and "good night" to your partner every day, you need to keep your partner informed of what is happening in your life, even if some things may seem rather superficial.
Do not hesitate to be creative to capture the attention of your partner by sharing images, messages a lot or short videos from time to time.

By multiplying your efforts, you will show the other person that they are loved and important.

5. Be careful not to communicate too much

Despite the distance, you do not need to talk 15 hours a day for your relationship to advance. Live your life, let your partner breathe, putting aside your eventual possessiveness. Contrary to what one can think, you do not need so much that to compensate the physical absence by more communication.

That's not how it works. Otherwise, you will quickly lose patience. Communicate frequently, but rather than base everything on it, bring a little variety into your interactions (activities, gifts, appointments, etc.).

6. Do not neglect sexual desire in your relationship

Sexual desire is by far one of the most important aspects of any couple. Often, sexuality in the couple is a reflection of the couple's health.

However, we do not speak only of "physical" sex, since despite the distance you can also take care of partner sexual desire on a more emotional level. It can be to send sexts, suggestive pictures or others, as I speak in this article.

7. Do not take unnecessary risks

When you know that you are going to do something "risky" for your couple, for example going out with your friends in the evening to go drinking and dancing, then you should either not do it or tell your partner to reassure him.

Do not be insensitive to this because your partner will be either suspicious or extremely worried about you. For him/her, you put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation for your couple and where he/she has no control.
So, be aware of the potential "danger" waiting for you and stay tuned for your partner's objections.

8. Do activities together

Watch a documentary or film together, sing together, play an online video game, go shopping together, cook and eat together, and more. The only limit is that of your imagination. If you do not know what to do, just ask yourself what you would do now if your partner was with you.

There is a good chance that you can do it in a certain way despite the distance.

9. Share your hobbies

Do you recommend books, shows, movies, artists and sites that you like!

In this way, by reading, listening and watching the same works and contents, you will have many more topics to discuss together during each of your exchanges. It's a great way to share common experiences while you're physically far apart.

10. Find yourself as often as possible

The reunion is certainly the best moment of a relationship at a distance. After weeks or even months of waiting, you finally have the opportunity to see you again and enjoy all the little things that "normal" couples forget to enjoy: kissing, holding hands, etc.

These are crucial moments to recharge your couple's batteries and start over several weeks or months of distance relationship, so grab every chance you have to see your partner again.

11. Have a goal in mind

How long are you going to stay connected remotely? What do you want to do next? How are you going to accomplish that?

Here are some questions you should answer together. The truth is that no couple can stay in distant relationships forever. Sooner or later it will be necessary to go ahead and live together, otherwise, it will become unlivable to continue like this.

Therefore, have a clear plan for that. What is your objective? What are the different steps? You must have this in mind if you want to end this relationship at a distance.

12. Enjoy your relationship remotely

It is not because you are alone that you have to mope and shut yourself up at home. Not everything revolves around your partner and your distance relationship. You always have your family, your friends, your own goals, and passions.

Take time to do more things with the people you enjoy, to discover new activities or to make your dreams come true. Many things do not depend on your distance relationship, so take advantage of being alone to do what you want.

13. Be honest with each other

Speak regularly with your partner about your fears, insecurities, jealousy, doubts, etc. If you try to hide anything, then this secret will come back later and not necessarily in a very pleasant way.

Do not try to tackle everything yourself. Be open and honest in your relationship. Let your partner help you and support you if you need it. It is better to talk about it too soon rather than too late.

14. Learn to control your jealousy

It is not uncommon in a distant relationship to experience jealousy from time to time for people of the same sex with whom your partner is interacting. Unfortunately, uncontrolled jealousy that combines possessiveness, insecurity, anger and doubts can be an explosive mix for your relationship.

If you sometimes feel this, learn how to control your jealousy before it controls you. This is not easy, but it is possible.

15. Trade your calendars

In remote relation, it is extremely interesting to know the agenda of your partner to know when he/she is busy and free. In this way, you know when you can send him a message or call him, rather than disturbing him/her at the wrong time (course, exam, job, meeting, etc.).

Also, find out what are the big and small events that are out of the ordinary in his upcoming schedule (trips, exams, interviews, activities, etc.). This is especially important to know if you live in different time zones.

16. Give him a special gift

Whether it's a pendant, a ring, a perfume or a soft toy, nothing beats a personal gift that your partner can keep close to you to remember you.

In short, choose something strong enough and personal enough so that your partner does not feel alone in his company.

17. Be optimistic

The fact is that in such a situation you have no other choice if you want to succeed in your distance relationship than to be optimistic. It is obvious that the wait will be painful and that you will often feel lonely, but you need to remember that if you do all this it is because the fruit of this adventure will really want it.

Be grateful to your partner. Show gratitude on a daily basis for this relationship and for this love that is so precious.

18. Are you talking about your families and friends

Despite the distance, your goal is to be part of the same family and share the same day. That means you can start today by sharing more about people who fill your life, like your friends and family members.

In this way, you will learn to know the people who are dear to your partner vice versa. In short, you will gradually build an expanded definition of what your "family" and your "daily life" are.

19. Skype as much as possible

In terms of remote communication, nothing today surpasses the ability to communicate with your partner using video.

You need to see your partner and your partner needs to see you every day, so install on your computer and on your mobile phone programs for free video chat, then make it a habit.