A Power Ranking Of The 15 Best Disney Channel Original Movies

One DCOM Marathon weekend is not enough.

104
Disney

I hope I’m not the only one who skipped out on a MDW BBQ in order to watch some of my favorite Disney Channel Original Movies during the recent DCOM Marathon. Disney Channel Original Movies were the best part of my week nights growing up. I can still remember the tantrums I threw in order to stay up until 10pm to watch the movie that started at 8pm. The movies were just too good, and DVRs didn’t exist yet. Now, there are 100 DCOMs, but here are the fifteen that really made my childhood, and many other people’s great.

15. "Get A Clue" (2002)

Lindsay Lohan (pre-drugs) stars as a rich tween/crime solver, in order to help her teacher. It’s been 14 years since this movie’s release, but I’m still singing the catchy song in my head, which earns it a spot on this list.

14. "Camp Rock" (2008)

This movie is responsible for jump-starting the Jonas Brothers’ and Demi Lovato’s careers. It may have just been an attempt to create a movie just like HSM, but it still introduced us to some pretty great talent… and, some pretty great abs.

13. "Right On Track" (2003)

This movie was all about teaching your girls that men and women are equal. And, just because a sport is predominantly male, does not mean that you shouldn’t enjoy it.

12. "The Even Stevens Movie" (2003)

What a great way to end a great show. The Steven’s family thinks they are in for a relaxing island vacation, but they are actually on a reality show. The chaos of their home is magnified in the wild and creates a hilarious storyline.

11. "The Cheetah Girls "(2003)

If you don’t still occasionally break into the chorus of “Cheetah Sisters” from the "Cheetah Girls," you’re lying. And, lets not forget that matching jumpsuit that you wanted for a year or two after the movie’s release.

10. "The Ultimate Christmas Present" (2000)

Two girls that mess with Santa?? As a four or five year old, this movie had me on the edge of my seat in order to see if these girls would make it back on the nice list after betraying the big man himself. Stealing from good ol’ Saint Nick in order to have a snow day is a bit risky.

9. "High School Musical" (2006)

This is basically the Disney Channel Original Movie that killed all other Disney Channel Original Movie’s. After it’s release, Disney must have realized they could make better quality movies and make five times what they were making on their previous DCOM’s. But, it earns its spot on the list because everyone still dramatically sings “Get’cha Head in the Game” every time it comes on and for bringing Zac Efron into our lives…even if he “regrets” his part in it.

8. "Johnny Tsunami" (1999)

Although I personally never really crazed over Johnny Tsunami, I know tons of people who swear it was the best DCOM ever. The story revolves around a surfer who moves to a cold climate and has to learn to adjust to his new living situation and lack of waves. His solution...snowboarding.

7. "The Luck of The Irish" (2001)

Maybe I’m a bit biased because I am Irish. But, "Luck of the Irish" made ever March better on Disney Channel. A boy learns he is turning into a leprechaun…yes please! This intense movie is perfect any time of the year, but specifically around St. Paddy’s Day.

6. "Pixel Perfect" (2004)

Pixel Perfect was a movie that really pushed the boundaries on potential future technology. A tech savvy guy creates a holographic pop star to be the lead singer in this friends’ band. The only problem? This hologram wants to be a real person.

5. "Double Teamed" (2002)

This movie is based on a true story about two badass twin high school basketball super stars. It made most girls want to go out for sports and fear twisting their ankles because it was extra dramatic during this movie.

4. "The Thirteenth Year" (1999)

Who isn’t obsessed with mermaids? Cody learns at 13 that his normal life is about to be turned upside down. The first big surprise: he’s adopted. The second: his real mom is a mermaid. The third: he is now turning into a mermaid. I looking forward to my 13th birthday, but unfortunately I did not grow a tail. Maybe it’ll happen at 23 instead.

3. "Cadet Kelly" (2002)

Hilary Duff in something other than Lizzie McGuire?? A city girl has to learn how to handle military school when her mom decides to get remarried… so lame of her, right? But, Kelly battles another Disney Channel Super Star, Christy Carlson Romano, in order to win a boy’s heart and compete to embarrass each other.

2. "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century" (1999)

This movie takes place in space… so there’s really no further explanation as to why it deserves one of the best spots on this list. Zenon made just about every girl fantasize about moving to a space station and exploring things out of this world. Zenon has to deal with the planet earth for the first time, and missing her home in outer space.

1. "Halloweentown" (1998)

The entire series of "Halloweentown" movies is absolutely fabulous. Growing up, everyone looked forward to October when Disney would air all their Halloween themed movies… but they would specifically await Halloween Town. Marnie Cromwell thinks she is just an ordinary girl, until she learns she is a powerful witch. Didn’t everyone want to have magical powers after watching this movie, because I know I did.