13 Things I Will Miss About You, Our Family Dog

This article is dedicated to my family dog, Tosh.

183

This sweet angel was with our family for the past 8 years and was such a blessing. I just wanted to honor him and never forget these 13 things about him and I just also wanted to share some sweet pictures of him too from over the years that no one has seen.

If you don't want to read something sad, you can skip this part. It makes me cry to read (I also cried when I wrote it).

Unfortunately, my puppy Tosh died a little over a week ago and my whole family was just a mess for a few days. I am just now healing and feel that I can talk about it with more than my 1-2 closest friends. Anyway, the back story, in short, is that Tosh was diagnosed with cancer.

Cancer filled his entire stomach, but Tosh was still happy and acting fairly normal. He wouldn't miss a meal, was wagging his tail at everyone, and still wanted to go for walks. The only weird thing was that he would have to go to the bathroom every few minutes, but would only go just a tiny bit and was waddling around.

We only knew after he had an x-ray that he had cancer.

The doctor's said that it was too large to do anything and that it was pushing and wrapped around all vital organs in his stomach and they knew it was just a matter of time before he passed. Saying it could be now, a day, a week, or a month but that it wouldn't be long.

This was hard to take in because he wasn't showing signs of this up until two or three days before we took him to the doctors. After finding out this news my family made the decision to before put him down.

This was really tough to do and there was a lot of tears. The hardest part was that we thought he was totally healthy and didn't see a decline in the progression of his health. However, thankfully he wasn't in much pain and the veterinarians supported us in this decision.

OK, the sad part is over. This is in no special order, but here are the 13 things I will miss about you! Plus random pictures of him.

Tosh was predictable. He especially loved any one who would feed him.

Tosh was so predictable and everything came down to food. He was an amazing dog and loved us all but whoever had the food in the family was going to be the dog's best friend. At times it was funny, and we would watch him run around the dinner table going from person to person hoping for some of our meal.

He was gentle and sweet with kids.

Tosh was a happy dog that got multiple walks every day and because of this the neighborhood kids grew fond over him and he was very sweet and gentle around little kids. He would let them pet and hang on him.

He had a big scary bark but in reality he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone.

Tosh had a huge bark and anyone that would come to the door would be scared but when you knew tosh he wouldn't be able to hurt a soul. Honestly if someone broke in he would hide or whimper on the stairs, If you even yelled at him this is were he would go and if you were loud enough he would even pee on himself because he was scared.

Tosh absolutely loved walks, food, and car rides.

Hands down these three things were the highlights of Tosh's day.

Tosh was not a runner.

Tosh could sprint for a few minutes but after that he would lay down. Tosh is not the dog to bring if you wanted to go for a jog.

He was a sweetie and you could always find him wagging his tail.

Tosh wagged his tail very often. Even when you just said his name you could hear his tail thumping against the ground.

Tosh never missed an opportunity to bark at the pool sweep.

Everyday the pool sweep would turn on at the same time and every day tosh made an effort to run to the back door and bark at it like crazy until we would let him out. That never failed us; as I said he was a predictable puppy.

Tosh loved his family, but most of all his Momma.

Tosh loved us all, but if he had to pick one person he was totally a Momma's boy. as he should be she loved him the most and was always the person to walk, feed, and drive him around in the car.

The one thing Tosh would run after was Kit-Kat.

The only thing that could possibly get tosh to run was if we yelled at the cat to stop scratching and this is the only circumstance that Toshy would run after the cat chasing him upstairs.

Tosh was the water dog who was afraid of water, a.k.a. the pool.

Tosh could swim and would in a river or lake but for some reason he didn't like the pool and was deathly afraid of it.

Tosh was the hunting dog who was gun shy.

Tosh wasn't much of the dog he was supposed to be. He was supposed to be a hunting and retrieving dog and he did little of either of those things.

Tosh had the absolute cutest face and I loves his curly little ears.

Tosh had a very cute face and his ears were always propped up and the tips were the curliest and softest part.

Tosh was a wonderful family dog and we all loved him and will miss him greatly.

Just wanted to remember sweet tosh for the good puppy that he was. Brandon was with us on this sad day and told me "all good dogs go to heaven" can't wait to see his sweet face there. Love you tosh!