The 12 Stages Of Visiting An Amusement Park

It's always important to tap into your inner child.

59
4alltravelers.com

When you find out you're going to an amusement park you can't help but squeal with joy as your inner child emerges from within you. Even if you're not a fan of roller coasters, the food and games is enough to make you smile! A day of fun...

There are many stages people go through as they endure a day at the amusement park.

1. Initial excitement stage

There is nothing like the excitement you feel when you first get into the car. You're officially on your way!

2. Planning stage

Once you finally arrive, the planning starts. You know you're on a tight timetable, only 12 hours to get every possible ride in so you have to plan your way through the park. It takes many calculations to finally decide where to go and when.

3. Running stage

Once you finally decide on which ride makes the most sense, you have to run, because if you don't run in an amusement park at least once, did you even go? You have to make sure you get on line, and fast.

4. First ride butterflies

You're just about to get on and you're looking at the carts and hearing the screams. You're excited, you know you are. But, it's been a while since you last rode one these rides. There's no backing out, now.

5. Second wave of excitement stage

The line for the first ride was a little long and you may have been a little nervous but, hey, it was awesome and now your adrenaline is going. Onto the next!

6. Impatient stage

You just want to get on the ride, who has times for lines these days! It's no fun to wait two hours in the heat just to walk in circles, but you do it anyways.

7. Hungry stage

After the first few rides, the hunger hits. Trying to diet at an amusement park? Think again, that's not going to happen especially when fried food lingers at every corner. And at this point, you're probably willing to pay $50 for four chicken nuggets and french fries.

8. The third wave of excitement stage

You've digested the food, you're somewhat hydrated, and you're ready to go! You've had time to gain energy back into your legs and re-plan your ride schedule. You're feeling like a champion and ready to take on the rest of the park.

9. Headache stage

A few rides later, the heat starts to hit and the screaming children go straight to your head. You've got this, though, you came prepared and brought Advil! Right?

10. Meltdown stage

You finally understand why those children freak out and cry in the middle of the park in the late afternoon. If it was socially acceptable, you'd be doing the same. You and your family and/or friends start snapping at each other. It starts to get ugly.

11. Utter defeat stage

Okay, you've done all the rides on your list, even the children's ones, your legs are numb, your t-shirt is sticking to your back, your wallet is dry, and you're still walking on thin ice with all the people you're with after the meltdown stage. Time to call it quits.

12. Appreciation stage

You've officially left the park. You made it, and looking back, you know you had an awesome time. But your bed seems equally fun at the moment.

Going to an amusement park is filled with ups and downs, literally and figuratively speaking. But in the end, it's always worth it -- which is why you go back over and over again.