The 10 People You Always See At The Airport

Which one are you?

41

Anyone who's used to traveling, understands the airport struggle: having to take off your shoes going through security (and if you're like me you likely got made fun of for wearing funky socks), lugging around your heavy bags because you just had to pack those 20 extra shirts "just in case", contemplating buying food with those ridiculous airport prices, and finding your gate just in time to learn your flight is delayed.

As if the airport struggle isn’t real enough, you also have to deal with the various people in the airport making it just that much more difficult.

1. The runner.

Here's the guy who thought he could get to the airport 20 minutes before his flight and make it on time. After cutting the security line, he grabs his shoes, coat and belongings and runs to his gate. He's clearly not stopping for anyone or anything so be sure not to get caught in his path unless you want to get trampled and possibly cause him to have a breakdown.

2. The businessman.

You know this guy the second you see him. He's way overdressed for the airport and therefore it probably took him 15 minutes to get through security because he forgot to take off his watch, his belt AND his cufflinks. There's no doubt he's riding in first class on his company's dime. He's probably even been at the gate hours early sitting on his laptop sending work emails and making calls from his Bluetooth earpiece. If you love eavesdropping, he's a great choice to sit next to.

3. The screaming baby.

This baby just wants to give you a sneak preview of what your flight will entail: screaming, crying and temper tantrums for a full two hours. Stay away from this one folks.

4. The family.

Ahhh the family vacation to Disney World is so close they can almost taste it. Not without first surviving the airport with three little kids wondering when they're going be there and constantly asking, "Can I have a snack?" The parents are trying their best to keep their kids under control and well behaved, as to not disturb everyone before the flight even begins, but that doesn't stop the youngest from escaping their reach and making a run for it. I for one know this struggle all too well because I’m pretty sure this was my family on every trip we ever went on as kids.

5. The sleeper.

This person came to the airport with a neck pillow and eye cover and is zonked out in the seat next to you. They're the perfect neighbors because they won't be making any noise (granted they aren't snoring) and you won't have to worry about having any awkward conversations. Just be sure to wake them when they call for the boarding of your gate, if they don't get shocked awake by the fifty intercom announcements you're bound to hear every ten minutes.

6. The talker.

If you're sitting next to this person then lucky you! You can now replace Bad Luck Brian and start your very own line of memes. This person is going to want to know where your final destination is, why you're going there, what college you go to, what your major is, and what kind of childhood you had. Then, they're going to tell you the same about themselves. You're in for an earful. Just cross your fingers you aren't seated next to them on the plane.

7. The people who have their lives together.

There's always a handful of people who actually took the time to get dressed and put themselves together before heading to the airport. I’m talking make-up and an outfit that consists of boots, a scarf, and a cute top. It's safe to say that my sweatpants with the hole on the side and a baggy old t-shirt are not making the cut on this one.

8. The people who don’t have their lives together.

These people are not hard to spot. Maybe they’re stuck trying to condense three bags to two because they didn’t read their airlines baggage regulations before hand, or maybe they’re lost in the airport because they went to B37 instead of D37 and are now having a panic attack. Either way, don’t talk to them or get in their way because they definitely won’t be in the best of moods.

9. The people in the go-cart thing.

No one may ever know why this entire family and their bags gets to ride around in that little car that’s beeping with the light on the back, but we’d all be lying if we said we didn’t wish we were them.

And last but not least...

10. The student.

If you’re flying during a college break, you can expect to see many college students in the airport sporting their school's logo on sweatshirts, bags, and key chains. They are also likely sleep deprived, hungry, and poor. If you see them working, it’s because their assignment is actually due in a few minutes and you should not disturb them. But you can’t actually judge them because you’re one of them. Unless they go to NC State, then you can judge them.