The 10 Little Things You Missed About Being At Home

Of course you tell your parents you missed them the most.

8
Cnn

It’s finally summer. We are all done with finals and are getting ready to move back home. Being away at college definitely has its perks, but so does being at home. Here are a few of the little things we all take advantage of when we are home for the summer.

Your pet's unconditional love.

We all love our pets, and we know they love us back. When you’re away at college, you can’t snuggle with your dog or cat every time you are mad, sad, or just need some quality animal time.

A room to yourself.

You loved your roommate(s), but nothing beats having that little extra room for all your clothes, being able to play your music as loud as you want, or going to bed as late as you want without worrying about bugging them.

Actually having comfortable furniture.

I think we all can agree that the beds, couches, and chairs that your college provides are the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture you have ever sat in. Let’s be real: nothing beats your queen size bed and favorite recliner at home.

Having a dishwasher.

We all know the struggle of refusing to wash your dishes until absolutely necessary. At home, you just stick all your stuff in the dishwasher and you don’t have to worry about it!

Not having to wear shower shoes.

Shower shoes absolutely suck, and not having to worry about them every morning is the best feeling ever!

Having your entire wardrobe.

Coming home and seeing all the clothes you had to leave behind is like opening gifts on Christmas morning. So many more dresses, t-shirts, shorts, rompers, etc. It’s like you are a brand new person.

Home-cooked meals.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats your parent’s home cooking. Sure, you may have been able to order pizza or Chinese food whenever you wanted at school, but your mom’s spaghetti and meatballs blows that out of the water!

The Wi-Fi is always good.

Everywhere in your house has Wi-Fi. You could probably stand on your roof and you would still have great Wi-Fi. Yet, at school, you can’t take one step out of the building without the Wi-Fi going out.

You can stay in your towel as long as you want.

Let’s be real, we all lay in our towels for at least an hour after we shower. When you’re at home, in your own room, you can do this for as long as you want! You don’t have to worry about your roommate walking in and judging you.

Having all the space you need.

At home, you have as much space as possible. Your closet at home is bigger than three of the closets back at school, and we are not even going to talk about the lack of dresser space in those tiny dorms.

How can college beat any of these things? I think we all can agree, going home is probably the best thing ever. Let's face it, nothing beats the little things!