I Am Okay With Being Patient And You Should Be Too

Life will come together and it will be beautiful.

170

I’ve always had this false idea that breaks in relationships were complete BS. You either want to be with someone or you don’t, right? I guess I’m just the type of person who knows what they want and I do what I need to get there. But not everyone works that way. There really are so many options in life and you make what you want out of it.

Life is not easy by any means.

Deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life, who you want by your side through it all.

Space IS okay in a relationship. It can prove how you truly feel about someone. Do you love them or do you love the attention they’re giving you? Are they worth giving your all to? It took me until yesterday to realize this. When someone wants space, give it to them. God has it all planned out for you.

While having this time without each other, really focus on bettering yourself.

Do what makes you happy and don’t worry about what they’re thinking or what they’re doing. Have faith that everything will work out for the best.

The mistake we make is thinking we need someone else to keep us happy.

You can never rely on someone else for that. You need to love yourself because, in the end, that’s all you’re going to have.

Sometimes we lose track of that because we meet someone who gives you a feeling you didn’t even know was possible. But don’t lose track of yourself just because you found someone else.

I give myself to few but when I do, I give my all. No amount of pain will ever take that away from me. I love with my whole heart and one day someone is going to appreciate that. I guess when I meet someone that I feel is worthy of my love, I dive head first, willing to give them the world.

That’s what love is all about.

Being comfortable enough with them that you feel like you don’t have to hold back. You can be yourself, completely.

“there are far too many mouths here

but not enough of them are worth

what you’re offering

give yourself to a few

and to those few

give heavily”

-Rupi Kaur

Sometimes you just meet someone and it’s different. You can have trust issues your whole life and you meet them and you don’t even question them because they make you feel so safe. They never have you second guessing them or their intentions. I wouldn’t really consider this a good thing since everyone proves you wrong eventually. But at the time, it’s such a surreal feeling. When you just connect with someone right away like that, don’t let go of it. Just because someone proves you wrong or disappoints you does not mean you have to leave or give up on them. You can choose to forgive them and move past it. That's how relationships grow and prosper.

Our generation SUCKS.

Nobody takes relationships serious anymore. It’s just one big game that nobody can ever really win. What’s the point in playing with people’s hearts? There’s absolutely no excuse for it. If you want someone, let them know. If you don’t, stop acting like you do! None of us are afraid of falling in love, we are afraid of getting hurt.

Too often people associate love with pain. Love is not pain nor heartbreak, love is beautiful. Love is magical and those whole experience true love are the luckiest people in the world because nothing makes you feel more alive then being in love. Love means knowing the flaws of someone and still thinking they’re an absolute trophy. Love is unconditional and it doesn’t ever fade. You may not be able to choose who you fall in love with, but you CHOOSE to stay in love with them. You choose to stay with them, to put in the effort, to forgive them and grow with them. Just stop making people fall in love with them if you aren’t willing to choose them.

I’m not in any rush, but one day someone will love me the way that I love them, wholeheartedly. Someone will choose me one day and continue to choose me until the end. Someone will be willing to give me the world and do anything for me. The love will be reciprocated and never questioned. That’s why I don’t give up. That’s why I don’t settle. That is why I’m okay with being patient. Even if I know exactly who I want to wait for.