An Open Letter To The Dead Beat Dads

An Open Letter To The Dead Beat Dads

Thank's for being a sperm donor and nothing more.

1113
An Open Letter To The Dead Beat Dads
Twitter

An Open Letter to the deadbeat Dad’s out there –

Thanks for being a sperm donor.

...but nothing more.

I seriously cannot wrap my mind around the fact that there are father’s out there who refuse to be part of their children’s lives.
I have watched/listened countless nights to my boyfriend be in pure devastation about something he has been dealing with his entire life – something he would not be dealing with if his father would step up and be half of the man that my boyfriend is today.

So here’s to the man who is my boyfriend's father, who was nothing more to me than a 'sperm donor.'

Thank you for totally denying that the red-headed child who looks just like you is even yours. Thank you 18 years later for taking him in for nine months ONLY to kick him out when you two got into an argument and tossed him to the curb – again. For his entire life he has wanted nothing more than to be part of your life…you finally gave him that chance…then you took it away before he could even really enjoy it. Thank you for never, aside from a whole nine months out of twenty-three years, bother to care for YOUR responsibility, your own son. Thank you for never calling, texting, or even wishing a 'Happy Birthday' to the kid that literally looks JUST LIKE YOU, and shares your DNA.
I seriously cannot put into words the anger and borderline hatred I hold in my heart because of you, but I do pray daily to God to bless you abundantly, because you are my boyfriend's father, and I love him. You might be literally the worst individual I have ever laid eyes upon, but you did at least one thing. You gave the world a solid when you created your son.

Your son is the most caring, loving, compassionate, trustworthy, big-hearted, amazing individual that I have ever met. He looks just like you and possesses many of your qualities… but I am thankful that his heart is nothing like yours. He plays the drums, he wears his hat backward, and he is a metal-head, Just. Like. You. His heart, however, is nothing like yours. His heart is big, full of love, and it is soft. His heart, unlike your black one, cries out daily for a relationship with his father. More times than not, I’m proud to say that I have comforted your son in tears as he longs to have a relationship with you – he doesn’t want your money or material things, he just wants your time and he wants to be loved by his father.

As I am in tears of anger and brokenheartedness writing this, I am still somehow thankful for you. I dislike you with every fiber of my being, but my boyfriend is a better person because of your absence in his life. Because of your selfish and foolish acts, I know that my boyfriend will someday be a great father in spite of you. Thank you for giving me the assurance that he will love his children like no other. I know that he will cherish them, be supportive of them, and be active in their lives. But most importantly, I know that he will love them unconditionally, just as a father should.

Thank you for 'donating your sperm' and creating one of the most loving individuals on the planet.

To those of you with "deadbeat Dad's" - take what you've had to deal with and grow from it. Make it your life goal to be a better father to your children than you've ever had.

Chase, I love you. You are hilarious, you are smart, you are amazing, and most of all - you are loved.

You are an amazing boyfriend, and one day you will be an amazing husband and father! Thank you for everything you've done for me, but most of all - thank you for loving me!