What Are You Thankful For?

What Are You Thankful For?

Giving thanks

12
What Are You Thankful For?

After Halloween, the general way of thinking is that the next holiday is Christmas. Wrong. The next holiday is Thanksgiving. In my opinion, one of the most important holidays that America celebrates because without the Indians and the pilgrims sharing a meal together, then America wouldn't be how it is today. I for one am thankful that at one time two opposing sides could put aside their differences for the greater good. The older I get the more hatred that is spewed in this country. Hatred though, will never conquer the things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my family. Without my family I wouldn't be who I am today. In 19 years they have taught me so many life lessons and have created many wonderful memories. My grandpa always used to say Life is Good. I think of this when I'm feeling at my worse. No matter how much life will try and knock you down it's the strong that get back up. If anyone made me choose between them or my family. 100% of the time I would choose my family. They are my everything and there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for them.

I am thankful for my friends, even the ones that I'm not friends with anymore. Those friends that decided that for them it was no longer working for them thank you. You have taught me that without you I will be okay. I'm better off without and my life will still continue. Although, it hurt at the time the pain eventually will be taken away by friendships that continue. Thank you to my current friends. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with. Thank you for being by my side when I need you the most. Without my life would be harder. Just know that I'm here for you 100% of the time as well because you are my second family.

I am thankful for the food on my table. There are people out in the world that are starving and would kill for a scrap of food that gets thrown away. Thank you for the roof that's over my head to protect me when bad weather comes. Every night I don't have to worry where I'm going to sleep. I am able to count on the fact that I come home to a safe, warm house.

Thank you for the clothes that are on my back. Not everything I wear has to have a designer name attached to it because after all it's just fabric. There are people that wear the same clothes everyday and could care less if the shirt you have is from Guess. All that matters to them is that they have something on their back to protect them from the weather.

Thank you teachers for helping me get to where I am today. Without any of you I wouldn't have made it to college. I wouldn't be able to write this article. Thank you for always pushing me and giving me homework. I may not have appreciated it then, but now I can. It wasn't to torture me, but it was to help me grow as a student.

Last, but not least a special thank you to my mom. Thank you mom for everything that you do. I know that every day may not be a good day, but there is something good in everyday. One of the good parts of my day is when I get to spend time with you. Even if we aren't talking to each other and we are just watching t.v. knowing that you are there allows for me to be at ease mentally. You are my number cheerleader and I love you for that each and every day. Thank you mom for everything and more!!!

What are you thankful for? Remember that next time you go to complain about how hard your life is because there is someone else out there that has it worse. I'm not saying that I don't complain about my life too, but I also remember that I could be in a worse atmosphere.