5 Movies For Your Holiday Break Movie Playlist

Must-see movies to elevate your Thanksgiving Break to a wonderful level of enjoyment.

40
Media Stinger

The holidays are right around the corner and what can be better than lounging around for a week with good food on the way? Good movies too! Below are some suggestions of feature films coming out in theaters within the week, or have been out but are definitely worth the watch.

1. Justice League

Justice League will be out in theaters on Sunday, November 17. Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, and Jason Momoa are few among many of the famous cast that will deliver the action-packed and highly satisfying fictional superhero movie we have been craving for since the last. The ratings thus far are 8.4/10 on IMDB. The movie is rated PG-13, so with parental permission, you can spend some quality time with the youngster cousins during this enjoyable fantasy flick.

2. Thor: Ragnarok

The third flick of the series came out on November 3rd and is well worth the watch. The movie received 8.2/10 IMDB ratings. Thor finds himself imprisoned and must contest against a former ally: the Hulk. Chris Hemsworth, Cate Blanchett, and Tom Hiddleston will deliver a delightfully comedic film full of adventure for you and your family or loved ones to enjoy.

3. Murder on the Orient Express

This is a movie I am personally excited to see. The movie has received a mild 6.8/10 IMDB ratings, though I do not often let the ratings sway me. It is certainly worth the watch and decide for your own if it has captured your interest. It identifies as crime, drama, and mystery, which appeals to me as I quiet often enjoy a game of Clue. The movie came out on November 10th staring Willem Dafoe and Penelope Cruz, among other famous and capable actors. The story is inspired by Agatha Christie’s novel, therefor we can assume the mystery will be a deliciously keen puzzle to solve.

4. Wonder

This movie is also one to look forward to coming out on November 17th. It is directed by Stephen Chbosky (Perks of Being a Wallflower director and author) therefor we can expect a wonderful film to reveal to us the most precise adaptations of human concepts and hardships on film. Jacob Tremblay, Owen Wilson, and Julia Roberts are few among the capable actors to invite us into their wonderous story lives and tug at our heartstrings with laughter and perhaps tears.

5. A Bad Mom’s Christmas

This movie came out on November 1st and received an average rating of 5.7/10 on IMDB. Comedic films usually get this form of rating because all they serve is to make us laugh and not much thinking is involved, though this sounds to me like the perfect comedy to indulge in post-Thanksgiving dinner induced coma. Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell are actresses we are accustomed to bringing us a good laugh and seeing them on film alongside other famous bad-ass mom actresses will make for a complete and wonderful Thanksgiving Break.