Ways My Little Changed My Life
Life Stages

When You Give a Sorority Girl a Little

Little Bit, this one is for you.

428
When You Give a Sorority Girl a Little
Selby Proctor

When I started my sophomore year, there were a few things to look forward to. I was no longer considered a new kid around the campus, I would begin more specific classes towards my major, I would finally know (most) of the campus like the back of my hand, and I would be able to receive a Little in my sorority.

Yes, there were a few other things to get excited about, but being able to connect with someone and share the love for what brought us together was something I couldn't wait for. I hoped to find someone who shares my love for Dance Marathon, enjoys spending their weekends watching movies and being lazy, and most of all, someone that will push me to become more involved and an overall better person. I knew that my chapter is full of kind, fun, inspiring women, but I had no idea that the one random pairing of myself and my little would lead me to a friendship I know will last a lifetime.

Ster Fry, I want to thank you for everything you have taught me this past year. You have shown me what it means to be passionate beyond words. Everything you do, you do it with a fire in your soul. You work extremely hard to not only get the job done, but to complete it with all of the effort you have and to make people happy. I have never seen someone with a work ethic like you and I envy it a lot. I hope one day that people will look at me and see the same enthusiasm I see in you.

Thank you for helping me fall in love with Chi Omega all over again. Our daily lunch dates at the house, attending every sisterhood event we could, and helping me get involved in other aspects of the chapter have proven to me that I made the right choice over and over again. It isn't only my home and a place that helped shape me into who I am, it is the reason you and I were brought together and I couldn't be more grateful. Having someone go from a stranger to a best friend in such a short amount of time seems insane, but I guess everyone would think that until it happens to them.

Thank you for challenging me always. You have proven to me that nothing is out of my reach and to just go for it. Since we have met, I have not let a single opportunity pass me by and that has made me a more outgoing person. I am more involved, I have experienced life more, and that has led to being more successful in my endeavors. Your constant encouragement has directed me to getting a job, receiving a position for Dance Marathon, and much more. You have brought out my best qualities and motivated me to make them even stronger.

And finally, thank you for being a best friend. I haven't laughed harder or smiled bigger in a long time. Stress from school, family, and friends led to my sophomore year being a bit overwhelming. Each and every day you were compassionate and kind without even trying. Having a friend that is so selfless is refreshing and such a blessing. I hope you know that your thoughtful efforts never go unnoticed. Cheers to our unforgettable memories so far and many more to come.

With my sisterhood, I have found someone I didn't realize I needed. I found a person who is supportive, outgoing, kind-hearted, and bold. I've also been lucky enough to find those qualities in myself while spending time with Sterling. I've found myself stepping out of my comfort zone more often than not with her around.

Normally, a Big is supposed to guide their Little and help them achieve things they couldn't alone. They teach them more about the chapter, help them grow alongside their sisters, and reach for their goals. Somehow my Little has also become my Big in more ways than I can count. So when you get excited for Big/Little Reveal, just remember this article and know that there is more to it than cute pictures, a go-to girl, and a sisterly bond. You are getting someone who could quite possibly change your life. So let them.