Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

I know I can be the biggest pain in the ass, but you never fail to support me with whatever I do. Thank you for everything. Thank you for all the opportunities you have given me, all the love you have showered me with, and all the care I’ve received throughout my life. I wouldn’t have been able to make it this far without you, or accomplish the things I’ve accomplished without your constant love and support.

This might sound bad, but I didn’t realize how much I needed you until I went to college. Not coming home to see you everyday was definitely a change, and trying to figure out how to do things in life that you had always taken care of before was also something that took a lot of time and some major adjustments. Thank you for keeping me in line. All those years you reminded me to do my homework and to not leave the house if I had a test the next day really paid off, and taught me how to manage my time so much better when I got to live on my own. I also didn’t realize how lucky I was to have someone who took care of me every time I got sick. Being on my own for that one was tricky as well. Being cared for constantly is something I definitely took for granted, along with home-cooked meals and clean laundry. Thank you so much for taking such good care of me for 18 years of my life, and making sure I was healthy and happy.

One of the most important things I need to thank you for is loving me no matter what. No matter what bad decisions I’ve made, trouble I’ve gotten into, or times I’ve disappointed you, you always remind me that you love me and support me through it all. You’ve helped me through tough times and been my biggest cheerleader throughout my entire life.

It has always been said that being a mother is a thankless job, but I think that should change. Thank you, Mom. Thank you for being there for me no matter how bad I mess up, and thank you for believing in me, even when I don’t believe in myself.

Mom, you are so selfless. You are always putting others happiness before your own, making sacrifices for your family, and doing everything possible to give your children the best life. Sure, things happen and there are setbacks, but you always look at the positives in life, teaching us to turn negative thoughts into positive ones. I don’t know how you do it, but you always seem to be in a great mood, with a contagious smile on your face.

I aspire to be at least half the woman you are one day.

I love you, Mom. Thanks for everything.