To My Best Friends From Home

To My Best Friends From Home

Thank you for making me the person I am today.

158

Hey guys. This is kind of weird but I'm just going to roll with it. :)

It's so strange to be writing this as we're all miles and miles apart at our own respective schools when, just a year ago, we spent every single day in school together. It feels like high school was yesterday and years ago at the same time. There's such a strange feeling in getting caught up in nostalgia over something that was my "normal" for years and years of childhood.

It's beyond weird to think that we all have separate lives now away from home. You all have friends I've never met, and so many stories and experiences I've never heard. We used to know anything and everything about each other, and it's so different now, but I love that our friendship hasn't changed.

I remember in my first few months of college, I would go out and do things with new people, and I kept comparing those experiences to all of the amazing times I've had with you all. Of course, they will be different, but I feel so lucky that I found a group of people that I want to model all of my friendships off of (not trying to recreate our friendship, but the feeling of acceptance and belonging I have when I'm around you).

I know that I can text you all in any circumstance and you will respond almost immediately with advice, offering a listening ear, or just talking to me about nothing. I look forward to breaks, not just to see my family and be in my own house, but so that we can slip back into our routine as if we had never left home in the first place. Of course, we're all different and college has changed us, but it really doesn't feel that way.

I'm mostly writing this to let you know how much I love and miss you all on the daily, but I also want to thank you.

My high school experience wasn't exactly the easiest, with loss at the beginning and sprinkled with drama over the course of my four years, but I am genuinely so appreciative of those of you that were there with me every step of the way and stuck with me until the end. I know I can always count on you for anything, and I hope you know that I will always be here for you.

Thank you for listening to my rants about nothing and everything, and never judging me or making me feel inadequate or insecure about my flaws (because we all know I have many).

Thank you for being such amazing people to hang out with, whether we're laying on a couch watching a movie or TV show, blasting music and screaming at the top of our lungs, going to dinner, or spending a day at the beach. No matter what we do together, I'm never bored.

Thank you for trusting me with your secrets and fears, and being open with me about your lives.

Thank you for celebrating my successes and being there for me in my failures.

Thank you for taking the time to get to know and understand me, and for always knowing the right thing to say or do to make my day better.

Really, thank you for just being you. Without you, I really don't know where I would be in life, and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. Whether we've been friends for over ten years, or we've just gotten close over the last two or three, I love and appreciate each and every one of you, and I hope for nothing but the best for you. You all deserve everything amazing this world has to offer. ♡