Thankful For This Chapter

Thankful For This Chapter

To the best years of my life so far.

159
Thankful For This Chapter
Samantha Tremblay

About five years ago, I got lost on a campus and fell in love with a school.

A year after that, I started going here, and I can definitely say that I had no idea what was in store for me at the time.

While part of this last semester has been about looking forward, so much of it has been about looking back. I can't possibly look back without just being so grateful for the people, opportunities, and just this place as a whole.

I came in to college with what I thought was a clear-cut plan of what I was going to do. I'm thankful for the things that shook my view that ultimately made me change my course. I found things I am so much more passionate about now, and I can't imagine doing college differently.

I am thankful for every course that either interested me, made me gain a new perspective, or challenged me in both good and bad ways. I learned how to integrate classes into each other. I learned what hill I would want to die on. I learned how to ask for help. I also learned how to just remember that eventually a class would end and all I had to do was get through it.

I'm thankful for every place that helped me call this campus home. I can still look back on my two dorms with good memories. My current apartment holds a place in my heart. But aside from those there are the meeting rooms for clubs, the classroom buildings I would always end up in, the facility where the wrestling team practiced. There are so many places I can go to and just feel at home.

I am thankful for every experience (yes, even getting robbed). Everything taught me something new. Everything introduced me to some of the most amazing people. Someone once told me to go to college and say yes to everything and I'm glad I did.

Lastly, I'm just grateful for the people here. Whether I met them through class, work, a club, or anywhere else, they are what has made this experience. Starting school at such a large campus was intimidating, but so many people told me that you can always make a big campus feel small. These people made it feel small. These people have gotten me through so many ups and downs. These people are the ones that are making it so hard to leave. These people have become my home.

A long time ago I fell in love with stories, and I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to write mine here. Looking back I wrote about friends and college life. I talked about mental health and wrestling. I found hits in hating Galentine's Day and quoting "Spongebob." All of these articles have only been parts of my story, and I know there's so much more to come.

I'm moving on, but there's still a couple thank-you's to say.

To my mom, for always reading and sharing whatever I write.

To my friends who have either inspired my articles or just straight up told me what to write when I was lacking inspiration.

To this campus that has given me so much to add to my own story.

To you, for reading my last words here.

Thank you.