Be Thankful For Everything

Be Thankful For Everything

There are so many reasons to be thankful for everything and everyone in your life.

310
Be Thankful For Everything
Huffington Post

Gratitude

"Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet." - Thich Nhat Hanh

When was the last time someone gave you a thank you, a kind sentiment of gratitude, for any reason? When was the last time you said thank you to someone for even the smallest of actions that helped you out in anyway?

I ask because it's important to pause once in a while through the course of your day and reflect on what's happened. When you stop to say thank you, you're reflecting on something that just happened in your day and another person's. Not only did you take a moment to reflect, but in thanking someone, you've made their day a little brighter. Something that was done that can benefit you, like taking the time to be conscious of where you are, can improve the lives of everyone around you and make so many people so happy.

Be Mindful, Be Thankful

Being mindful of where you are and what is happening around you allows you to be more aware the other people in your life and how lucky you are to have someone that does even the smallest things in your life at any point in time. Being aware of the people in your life and letting them know you appreciate them will not only make your life that much more enjoyable, but it will make everyone else around you that much happier and that much more grateful for your presence in their life.

Friends, family, anyone who you see on a regular basis, will always appreciate you appreciating them.

A Thank You to All the People I Live With

I currently live in a residence hall. Everyone refers to it as a "dorm", but it really doesn't feel that way. It just feels like a really friendly apartment building where everyone has their door open, everyone is sharing things, helping each other out, and connecting with one another. We often say #LarzyLove (specifically as a hashtag) to describe how we feel about our community.

As a community, we go out of our way to do kind things for each other. If someone needs help, we are all there for one another.

My First Year

Especially as someone who had never been away from home or my family for more than three days, I thought moving to college would be an incredibly alienating experience. In my first year, I immediately made friends with people on every floor. Everyone was so welcoming and so kind that I had no problem jumping into the community and embracing my new home.

My Second Year

This year, I got to be one of the members of the hall that welcomed all the new students. I didn't really notice much on my part, but after a couple weeks of talking to people and making friends, I found that there were some people expressing their gratitude to me for being such a warm and welcoming presence in the hall. I couldn't tell you how honored I was to be the person that others could rely on - to be someone that other people felt comfortable relying on as a friend, a mentor, and a role model.

When I became aware of the people around me, I became infinitely more aware of myself, my emotions, and how grateful I am for the people in my life. I have never felt friendships or gratitude as intensely as I have in the last two months in my time in Larzelere Hall, and I'm grateful to be a Larzelerian.