A Thank You to My Favorite Artist, SoMo

A Thank You To My Favorite Artist

This is probably so cliche, but, appreciation is needed and has to be given

640
A Thank You To My Favorite Artist

For my entire life, I've always had a keen ear for music. I did band middle school through high school, got to perform in L.A. at Disneyland, got to be in a prestige college wind ensemble, got offered to audition for the state honor's band, but besides from my school experiences, music has always been something I've cherished and admired. This is a thank you; a way to do my best to give back to someone who's impacted my life both musically and non-musically (if that makes sense?) and has done so much for their fans, that I feel a thank you note is just the beginning of showing how thankful I am. If you know me personally, you'll probably have an idea on who I'm talking about. A good ol' chap by the name of SoMo, this is a thank you to him.

First off, thank you for bringing amazing music. I think everyone needs to open their ears and listen to this man's music. You are definitely missing out. He writes from the soul, for the soul, from his heart, for the heart. I've cried over songs and how amazing they are, and when you get the chance to hear them live and hear the emotion in his voice, it's a whole different feeling. So, thank you for bringing music that I can listen to at any time of the day, in any mood, and anywhere. Your music has impacted me in so many ways, but I won't get into all of them, because that's just boring and we don't need a yawn-worthy thank you, right? I will always be amazed at what you put out to the world, and how every song gets better and better.

SoMo - Heart of Goldwww.youtube.com

Second, thanks to you and your music, I have met my best friends. I don't think I could even begin to explain how thankful I am for this group of friends. Coming together with the same love for the same man for his music, personality, etc., is probably one of the greatest things that can happen when you're a fan of someone. Being 20-years-old, I really saw myself fading out of the days of 'stan Twitter.' I honestly keep a fan account to update people and let people know about your music and who you are as a person. I don't think I could ever think of the day where I wanted to cancel my friendship with any of those ladies because they truly are one of a kind and they're ones I definitely can lean on. I've known some for over two years, and some just about a year and I can honestly say they are the best people you'll ever meet. Do you need a laugh? Those guys are going to make you piss your pants from laughing so hard. Do you need life advice? Forget Dr. Phil, they've got you. Plus, we all cry about your music and appreciate you in every way possible.

And last, but certainly not least, thank you for being you. Thank you for being the kind-hearted, selfless, caring individual you are. For the last seven years, there is no one else I would rather want to be supporting in their journey to be the best they can be. From the origin of SoMo Sundays to all the projects you have planned, I can definitely say supporting you has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I tattooed "less stress more love" on my arm in your handwriting because I believe it's an amazing saying to think about and follow. Placed on my arm, I can always look down at it when I'm feeling a little down on myself or just having one of those cloudy days, and think that there's always going to be love in the world, and we should stop stressing so much. Knowing the words are written by you, makes it more special to me. I thank you for being an amazing human being, doing this for your fans, and caring about your fans. Your day one's know what you've done to get to where you are now, and those people (myself included) know that you're not stopping anytime soon and we're totally okay with that! You are always going to be loved and supported by so many people until the day you die, hope you remember that. You truly have a heart of gold.

I'm always gonna be riding with you, supporting what you do, letting people know it's time to wake up and realize you are here, changing the music game, releasing hits they're missing out on. #TeamSoMo till the day I die.

Again, thank you. I cannot say that enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

All the love,

Sarah (P.S. SoMo Gang says hey.)