Thank You To The Powerful Women In My Life

To The Powerful Women In My Life, Thank You

"Time makes you bolder, even children get older, and I'm gettin' older, too." - Landslide, Fleetwood Mac

102
Megan Wittorp

As I get older, I realize that life is more difficult than every TV show and movie makes it seem.

Troubles cannot be resolved so easily and people will not change so easily either.

Thankfully, I grew up with you, and because of that, I have inherited the same strong character that has been passed down to generations before me.

I have learned to be just as powerful as you are.

I grew up learning life lessons that have helped shape me into who I am today, and every day I am thankful for that.

I'm thankful for all the moments in my life, small and large, that have taught me the lessons that make me who I am.

Growing up is incredibly scary the moment you realize it's not what you always thought when you're young.

It's full of heartbreak from relationships of all kinds, uncertainty while learning the ropes of adulthood, and confusion as to who you are and where you're going as life can change so quickly.

I know as I've gotten older, I've had to learn some lessons the hard way, but I know that every step I've ever taken and will continue to take in my life, you're there behind me. I know that whatever I face in life, the lessons I've been taught will be there to guide me.

I have had the opportunity to learn strength, confidence, kindness, and compassion, from the strongest, most confident, kind, and compassionate women I know.

You have been able to learn from each strong woman before you and add to the eternal wisdom, ultimately passing it down to the powerful woman that will come after yourself. I'm grateful to be one of those women.

I am young and have so much ahead of me, but I feel confident every step of the way because I have been passed traits so many no longer have.

I have no idea what the future will bring me, but I am confident I'll be able to take it on because I was raised by the best.

I'm inspired by the song "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac — a song which we had the privilege of hearing live together.

I'm impacted by the line "time makes you bolder, even children get older, and I'm gettin' older, too."

As time goes, I can only become stronger in myself and I realize, as a child, it's part of getting older.

I know as I get older, I will only grow more.

I will become bolder.

I hope that with time, I can be just strong as you.