A Thank You Letter To My Older Sisters

A Thank You Letter To My Older Sisters

There is no better friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you.

39
A Thank You Letter To My Older Sisters
Natalie Wilson

Dear my big sisters,

There are not enough words in the world to describe how much you mean to me and how much I truly am grateful to have you in my life.

Thank you for being the best role model I can look up to. You both have accomplished so much in your life so far and I hope to fill your shoes and be as successful as you guys are one day.

Thank you for breaking in mom and dad for me. I’m not just saying that since I’m the youngest and get away with more, but because you set the standards for being a daughter and what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

Thank you for making mistakes. Being the little sister, I have watched both of you make mistakes and from that, I learned without having to experience certain situations on my own.

Thank you for being brutally honest with me. You’re the only ones who will tell me how it really is. While others might tell me what I want to hear, you tell me straight up, even if it hurts my feelings. From that, I’ve become a mentally stronger person.

Thank you for always being there for me, mentally and emotionally. During my first heartbreak or through depression, you both were the ones I can count on to give me advice and making me feel better since you’ve been through situations similar in the past.

Thank you for always having my back. I know we all fight from time to time, but that’s between us. When other people get involved, you always stand up for me and protect me.

Thank you for accepting me, as I will forever accept you. No one is perfect and I definitely am not. I’ve made my share of mistakes and poor decisions and still at the end of the day you have been there with open arms.

Most importantly, thank you for being my best friends. I honestly could not imagine a day without you guys in my life. We all have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, I would do absolutely anything for either of you. You both are my partners in crime and I would not have it any other way. I love you both to the moon and back.

Love, your little sis