A Thank You Letter To Merrimack College

A Thank You Letter To Merrimack College

To the place that I have called home for the past four years.

21
A Thank You Letter To Merrimack College
Briana Tierney

The time has come for me to finally part ways with the place that I have called home for the past four years. It feels like just yesterday I was begging my parents to turn the car around on move in day and telling them that no matter what they did I was not getting out of the car. When I entered my freshman year, everyone told me that the next four years of my life would fly by and they sure did.

In two weeks I will walk across that stage in front of faculty, friends, and family to get my diploma and finally call myself a college graduate. Coming to college, I never imagined that I would be upset to leave. I also never would have imagined being where I am today, and I have Merrimack to thank for that.

Thank you Merrimack, for giving me a healthy environment to learn in and be challenged. The variety of classes that I was able to take pushed me outside of my comfort zone and challenged me in ways I never thought possible.

Thank you for giving me opportunities. Being able to speak in the opening for Admitted Students Day infront of thousands of people is something I never would have imagined being able to do. Studying abroad in London, presenting at achievement conferences, getting field placements at my dream locations, holding leadership positions in the organizations I was involved in, the list goes on. These opportunities that I was given helped shaped me into the person that I am today and I cannot thank you enough for that.

Thank you for giving me chances to get involved. I was able to find my place in Orientation, Zeta Tau Alpha, Ambassador Program, Student Conduct Bard, Love your Melon and so many more. Getting involved made my time here that much more memorable and I cannot begin to express how grateful I am. I found a family and lifelong friendships because of them.

Thank you to the professors and faculty who supported, advocated, and pushed me along the way. It was so comforting to know that you were always there for me and that I was able to build strong relationships with everyone that works here — you have given me the drive that I now possess.

Thank you for giving me a home; something that makes saying goodbye so hard. The place that I knew I could come back to and be welcomed with open, loving arms. The friends that I have made here are ones that I know will last a lifetime and they are truly the people that became my family. Lastly Merrimack, thank you for giving me memories of a lifetime and for exceeding all of my expectations. You have left a huge footprint in my heart and I will cherish these memories wherever I go.