A Thank You Letter To The President Of My Sorority

You do so much and I can't thank you enough.

825
Kappa Delta Bradley

I did not have much Greek influence growing up. Very few of my family members rushed and I never saw many graduates from my high school join a sorority or fraternity. The idea of joining a sorority when I was accepted to a university was not a priority or even a minuscule thought. Plus, I am not a “sorority girl.”

I don’t excite very easily, I am not up to date on my style profile, and I am an introvert. So why would I ever think about joining a sorority? I don’t know either – but I did. Granted, I joined a professional sorority but we are still a part of the Greek community. After receiving my bid, I had very little knowledge about what lied ahead for me. That next week I found out that Membership Candidate Education lied ahead for me and after the first session I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. Learning about Greek history, our chapter history, and getting to know more about my potential sisters was very stressful to me. I would spend hours learning and memorizing every single detail so I could pass my MC Ed tests before Chapter and my brain felt like it was on overload every waking moment.

There were times when I would put notecards in a Ziploc bag just to hang up in the shower so I could get more studying done because I was so concerned with passing my exam that night. But then there were nights that stress didn’t matter to me. Finding out who my big was, watching movies with other girls from my sorority, and getting to do things around campus with other members – that’s what made it all worth it.

At that time, I was thankful for my MC Educator because she was so patient with our class and she made sure we understood the information that was being presented to us. She made it fun and she made the hours of studying worth it. Fast forward a month after I was activated and she became our Chapter President and wow did she deserve it. I cannot thank her enough for all that she has done for me and for our Chapter, and I’m going to try and thank her to the best of my ability.

Thank you for always keeping us focused.

Whether it be during Chapter and keeping us focused on the topic at hand rather than our side chatter or making sure we are focused on our pillars as individuals and as a group.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule.

She is not only meeting with us at Chapter, but she is going to the same events we are, meeting with PanHellenic and other Greek life, making sure materials have been made and sent out, and making sure our sorority can keep moving forward – all while going to school, working, and having a social life.

Thank you for being so dedicated.

She goes above and beyond in everything she does. She is striving to better the sorority and its members every single day.

Thank you for being a friend.

If any of us ever needs anything, she is an email, text, call, Facebook message away. She makes time for our personal needs too and is willing to talk when we need to.

Thank you for being the best president you can be.

Every single week I watch you grow even more as a president. You keep us up to date on what is happening within the chapter and around campus and you are so focused on watching individual members grow. You help with rush, fundraising, professionalism, philanthropy, sisterhood, and everything our chapter does to assure we are well rounded. You have done and are doing an amazing job and every single girl in our sorority thanks you.

Sorority presidents are a blessing and they deserve so much praise for what they do. They manage to keep a large group of girls in line, minimize drama, and make sure we carry our sorority pride with us once we graduate. President, I cannot thank you enough.