A Thank You Letter To My Body

A Thank You Letter To My Body

"Thank you for staying strong even when I felt I wasn’t."
993

Dear My Body,

I want to apologize for not loving you the way you loved me. When you kept me alive and allowed me to experience Life, I shamed you and told you that you didn’t deserve happiness. When you showed me joy, I showed you loathing. When all you wanted was freedom and to feel the air on your skin and the wind in your hair, I showed you darkness and kept you isolated from others. I put you through so much pain and misery, pushing you to your breaking point. It wasn’t right of me.

So now, I want to thank you for not giving up on me when I was at my worst. Thank you for showing me love and laughter when I didn’t think it was possible. Thank you for letting me feel sand beneath my toes and salt water in my hair. Thank you for carrying me over mountains in the rain and snow; for allowing me to experience life in its truest and most sincere forms; and thank you for staying strong even when I felt I wasn’t.

Sincerely,
Me