A Thank You Letter To My Grandma

A Thank You Letter To My Grandma

My angel on Earth.
35515

If you're fortunate enough to have your grandmother in your life, you're definitely one of the lucky ones. I've never in my life met a woman as special as my grandma. I'm not sure if it's the way she gracefully handles any situation life throws at her, or if it's her ability to love each and every member of our family unconditionally, regardless of their flaws, but there's something about that woman that makes me strive to be just like her. I can't thank her enough for all that she's done to make my life so much better, but I can try.

Dear Grandma,

If there's one thing I don't tell you enough, it's "thank you." First and foremost, thank you for being born. It might sound funny, but I'm serious. You started this crazy family long ago and your legacy just keeps on growing. Even though our family is huge and each one of us is different from the next, there's one thing we all have in common: our love for you. You've set the perfect example for our family, and for that, we are so grateful.

Thank you for supporting me in everything that I do. No matter what it is, you're always there. I cannot think of a single recital, game, play, or any other function growing up at which you weren't proudly cheering me on, camera in hand, to document the day. As I've gotten older, you're still there to support any decision I make. I know that you're a true Philadelphia sports fan, but when I made the decision to go to WVU for college, you embraced the school's sports team like it was your own. I can't tell you how happy that made me.

Thank you for being a master in the kitchen. I don't care what anyone says, a grandma's cooking is the best. I don't know what she does to make her spaghetti and meatballs taste as good they do, but I'm fairly certain it's illegal for something to be that delicious. Thank you for teaching me your recipes, so that someday, I can show them to my grandchildren. Some of my favorite memories have been spent with you in the kitchen. Those are the times I'll never forget.

Thank you for protecting me against the wrath of Mommy. I can totally admit that I'm not the easiest person to raise, so it's no wonder that my mom can sometimes get impatient with me, but to you, I can do no wrong. Sorry Mom, Gram's always gonna have my back when you and I are going at it, but I know that one day, my daughter will do no wrong in your eyes, as well.

Thank you for your unconditional love. When I'm around you, I feel so safe. Your presence radiates warm, positive vibes and it's impossible to feel any negativity when you're around. The love that you had for Grandpa sets the perfect example of how a marriage should work. The love that you have for your children sets the perfect example of how to be a great mom. And finally, the love that you have for your grandchildren sets the perfect example of why loving someone is so important.

Lastly, thank you for being you. At 91 years old, you are the kindest, strongest, funniest, most amazing woman I know. You are my angel on Earth, and every single day I hope to make you proud. You've taught my mother how to be the best person she can be, and now you are teaching me. I could go on for ages pointing out every single thing for which I am eternally grateful to you, but I'll end it here. I love you more than all the stars in the sky, Grandma.

Thank you,

Your Granddaughter