Thank You, Everyday Heroes

Thank You, Everyday Heroes

The little things matter.

220
Pexels.com

In this day and age, we tend to focus on the negative things going on in the world rather than all of the good that we are surrounded by. There are so many people that impact our everyday lives, but don't get acknowledged for the meaningful work they do. Here's to the ones that make life special.

Thank you, everyday heroes.

Thank you, Mom and Dad. From scheduling doctors appointments to driving us to practice, to making sure the house is stocked with toilet paper, it's all the little things you do that make life so special.

Thank you, garbage collectors. We thank you because it is too easy to take for granted the important work that you do.

Thank you, to the person who smiled at me when they didn't know I was having a bad day.

Thank you, mailman. In a world of email and text, you still deliver meaningful handwritten cards from my grandma.

Thank you, teachers. You are often not acknowledged for your unrivaled patience and understanding that create a safe place for students to grow and learn new things.

Thank you, to the person who held the door open for me when my arms were full.

Thank you, furry friends. You always know how to put a smile on our faces; you truly are our best friends.

Thank you, UPS driver. You deliver countless packages to my doorstep as I shop online from the comfort of my home.

Thank you, PSEG. Whether it be hurricanes, thunder storms, or blizzards, you bravely battle the elements to restore our electricity.

This list only scratches the surface of everyday heroes we are so lucky to have in our lives. It is easy to take for granted the important work they do, but saying something as simple as "thank you" to them can go a long way. Take a moment out of your day to thank the everyday hero in your life because the little things really do matter.

Who's your everyday hero?