Thank You, Campbell University

Thank You, Campbell University

For everything you have provided for me in the little town of Buies Creek.

12
Thank You, Campbell University
Campbell University

Growing up I was never truly sure what I wanted to do in life. I always thought about being an Interior Decorator but I then fell in love with the law. When I was around eight or nine years old, my oldest brother moved to college. He attended Campbell University in the small town of Buies Creek. Little did I know at that age Campbell University was going to be my home.

I came into Campbell being 17 years old. It was absolutely scary but also exciting. I was still a little uncertain with what I wanted to do with my major and if I wanted to continue with Political Science. I met some pretty awesome professors my freshman year. One in particular taught a Criminal Justice course and I was hooked. She had such passion for what she taught that I figured out I wanted to do something with criminals and help victims. I continued to take several classes with her because I love the way she taught and what she was teaching. I have Dr. Cowling to thank for assuring me that I want to help people and become a lawyer.

Campbell University provided me some wonderful memories and friends. I have wonderful memories of playing Cards Against Humanity with my friends, going out on the weekends, heading to Raleigh for the night, watching movies, or even just going out and eating. While I may not talk to some of those friends today, I am glad they came into my life at one point. My college experience would not have been the same without them.

Going to Campbell University also led me to my boyfriend. Campbell is a small private college so you kinda know everyone. It's funny, my boyfriend and I had the same friends but never met until my junior year. We somehow always missed each other when we were at parties or with our mutual friends. However, we ended up meeting and I do not think I would have found him if I had decided to not come to Campbell.

Campbell has provided me a rigorous course. My knowledge of the material has been tested to the fullest. I have typed numerous papers I never thought I could and I understand material I never once did. I have studied many hours, cried many tears, and laughed many laughs. I have seen the campus full of snow, flooded in water, full of students studying and playing and the campus full of life.

Thank you, Campbell University for providing all these things to me. You were the only college I applied to, and I am glad I did. You have prepared for me for what is ahead. I am hoping to continue my journey with Campbell's law school. As I prepare for my senior year of college, I'd like to thank everyone who encouraged me and helped me along the way. Little did my adolescent self know that I'd be attending the same college my brother did. For that I am ever grateful he picked Campbell University.