Thank You Bradley University

Thank You Bradley University

My five favorite things about Bradley University

19
Thank You Bradley University
Bradley University

It is crazy to me that I will be graduating college this May! Everyone told me that it would go fast, but I guess I just didn't realize how true that was. Even though I am little sad to be graduating, I am mostly very thankful because Bradley University really was my dream school and I feel so lucky that I got to go there. In honor of graduating and wanting to thank Bradley, I have made a list of the top five reasons that I am thankful to the school. I hope you enjoy my list! If you go or have gone to Bradley and enjoy some of the qualities of the school that I've listed or if there is something that I missed, comment and let me know! I want to hear what you love about Bradley!

Thank You Bradley University

1. The English Department

Luckily for the English majors at Bradley like me, the English department is on the third floor of Bradley Hall not the fourth (haha). But even walking up the stairs to the third floor can be a struggle (trust me it's a real thing). All joking aside, Bradley's English department is absolutely incredible and I'm not just saying that because I'm an English major. I am so thankful for all of my English Professors because they are truly dedicated to the success of each of their students. Every English Professor that I've had, has set apart office hours as well as planned meetings if their students needed it. I also want to thank the English department secretary Shelly Walker for always helping students and making her office a fun and comfortable space for us all to hangout! The English department would be lost without Shelly! :) If you want to study English in college, Bradley is the school to go to. Because I promise you, you will leave a successful graduate with a specific set of skills that only an English major can offer the world which makes you very marketable in the job market!

2. The Writing Community

Because I am a writer and a poet, Bradley having a huge writing community was a big plus in my eyes. There are SO many events and groups for students who love writing on Bradley's campus such as Broadside (the literary magazine), Writehouse, open mic nights for poetry, and the visitor writer's series which is when published authors and poets come to campus to share their work with students. All of these events have amplified my experience as a student and I am so thankful for them all!

3. Markin

The Markin Recreation Center is awesome! Seriously, it is truly the best to have such a beautiful gym that I can walk to whenever I want because it is right on campus and all I have to do is show my school ID when I go in! There are so many options for helping you stay healthy on campus such as the program Get Fit, Stay Fit, and free work out classes at the gym like Zumba, and cycling. Seriously Markin is one of my favorite places on campus! I will truly miss it when I graduate!

4. The Small Campus Size

One of the biggest attractions to Bradley for me when I was applying was the small campus size. I love having everything in walking distance as well as the small class sizes which sometimes have less people in them than I had in my high school classes. That really is a huge positive to Bradley! You can be assured that you will be noticed on campus and get any help that you need!

5. The Student Center

I really love the student center! There is always something going on here during the day and there are plenty of places to study and hangout with friends! Another cool thing about the student center is that they play movies that are about to come on dvd in the theatre in the basement!

I hope my list made you interested in Bradley University! Thanks for reading!