To Mom And Dad

To Mom And Dad

Thank you.

14
To Mom And Dad
HD Wallpapery

Growing up, you realize how much your parents and the environment that you live in effects your life. My parents try their hardest to do the best they can, that’s all any parents can do right? There isn’t a “Good Parent Handbook”. I think they are doing and did a pretty great job. They are my biggest supporters, push me to do better and encourage me when I’m at my worst. They didn’t give me unlimited resources but they didn’t make me work for every little thing I had.

Growing up has also made me realize everyone has different parenting styles because no child-parent relationship is the same. So, thanks, mom and dad, for figuring out what best fit our needs and helping me realize not everyone is the same.

Mom, thank you for always being there for every homecoming week costume to when I needed you to sow a stomach for my sixth grade science project. I’m telling you, if I dreamed it up she could do it. My mom is basically the modern day super women. She was PTA everything – or so it seemed in elementary school. Then middle school came, she decided to go back to school to pursue a degree in education. She was following her dreams and showed me I could do whatever it takes to pursue mine. Did I mention she was working full time during this “little” endeavor? Let’s fast forward a couple years to college. My mom is my one of my biggest supporters. She even loves my dog unconditionally, which let me tell you, that’s hard sometimes. She works so hard in her career and still makes time to help whoever whenever they need it. I hope that I can be half the mom she is one day. Thank you, mom.

Dad, thank you for always telling me to make a plan when I get overwhelmed. Also, thank you for telling me I can do whatever I put my mind to. My dad, he works so hard not only at his career but also at home. Like when my first vehicle was a 1970 Chevrolet truck and let’s just say it needed a good amount of maintenance. His scientific driven mind rubbed off on me and that is why I am perusing an engineering degree. He always tells me I can do anything I put my mind to. Having a dad who supports you when you need it but also challenges you when you need it is the best of both worlds. He makes me realize that not everyone has to think the same way and that’s alright. Thanks, dad, I don’t know where I would be without your encouragement.

Now this little testimonial of how great my parents isn’t to just brag. Although, they are pretty awesome. It is to tell you that you should appreciate the little things in the people who raised you or effected your life and tell them. Don’t let your appreciation go unknown. If they weren’t there for you, you wouldn’t be the person you are today. The least you could do is say thank you.