A Thank You Letter To Police Officers

A Thank You Letter To Police Officers

Your job is hard, and you deserve to know that your work is appreciated. You have made a difference in a lot of lives.

44423
A Thank You Letter To Police Officers
Sgt. Rocco Wack

I think it is safe to say that in the last few weeks police officers have had a lot of bad days. Some have faced a lot of hatred over the last few weeks while others have received a lot of thanks for their service, but they have all watched their backs a little more. A few may have even questioned putting on the uniform at the start of a shift. However a local officer told me there is never a question.

“You never question putting on the uniform. This is your job. It is just a bad day.”

I feel as though in the wake of the recent tragedies, police officers have not received the gratitude and thanks they deserve. I have grown up surrounded by cops, and I used to know almost all the guys on the local force. I have seen the impact the job has on them, and I see what they put their families through. So for all the officers, thank you.

Thank you for putting your community that you serve above your family. It is officers like the one quoted above that will do anything to protect their community. They give up holidays, birthdays and family gatherings. They give up going to school events and sports games. When duty calls, they drop everything and respond. They give up on so much of their family life to serve and protect. Thank you to their families as well for allowing them to do their jobs.

Thank you for risking your life for mine. Every time they put that uniform on, they put my safety above theirs. They will do anything to make sure that no one gets hurt. Every time they leave home for another shift, they are not guaranteed to return home. But they still answer every call and do what it takes to rescue a child in danger or end a potentially deadly hostage situation.

Most importantly, thank you for doing a job most of us couldn’t do. It takes a strong and brave person to deal with the things they do on a daily basis. They have to make quick decisions in life or death situations. There is never a guarantee that their decision is the right one. A police officer is able to handle the pressure to make the best decision in that moment. Not many people can knowingly put their lives in danger like these men and women do.

Knowing the cops that serve my township, I know that they give up a lot and do a lot for our community and they deserve to be thanked. There are so many cops out there that are just doing their jobs the best that they can. They all deserve to hear a thank you because now more than ever their job and their work is underappreciated.

So to every police officer out there, thank you for everything that you do. Thank you for making that choice to protect and serve. Thank you for doing what so many of us aren’t brave enough to do. Thank you for keeping us safe.