A Thank You To All My Acquaintances

A Thank You To All My Acquaintances

For the "friends" that can no longer acknowledge you in the grocery store.

25
A Thank You To All My Acquaintances

This is a letter for the people who decided that being friends with you just isn't worth their time. A little note dedicated to the many friendships that often times turn out to be too one-sided. To the people who used to talk daily, but stopped responding for no reason - this is our thank you note.

Thank you for being the one to end our friendship. I certainly never would have, and the one-sided relationship would have gone on for longer than it needed to. If you're like me, you tend to only see the good in people. You try your best to discount their flaws and love people for who they are no matter what: that's almost a good thing.

But rose colored glasses are only as good as the person they're looking at.

So thank you for being our worldly glasses, and seeing the end even when I was blind sided. This one's for you. As one-sided as this friendship was, don't think for a second there was nothing to be learned. I learned so much from you. So,

Thank you for all the nights we spent laughing until we peed ourselves, it gave me good memories to look back on.

And thank you for the nights I spent alone wondering why you decided to stop making those memories, it taught me that a lot of things don't last forever.

Thank you for the time I invested into listening to your doubts, your fears, and your sad thoughts - and the very minimal amount of times we spent listening to mine, even when my thoughts were deafening. It taught me to deal with problems on my own.

Thank you for all the times you had to be prettier and smarter than me. It taught me to believe in myself even when I'm not the best at something.

Thank you for constantly talking about yourself. It taught me that problems can't be fixed through complaining.

But mostly, thank you for turning away from our friendship. It made me stronger, and taught me to never make the same mistake again.

Thank you for leaving. I wrote this for you x.