Ten Ways to Destress During Finals Week

Ten Ways to Destress During Finals Week

Everyone needs a break sometimes.

8
Ten Ways to Destress During Finals Week
Employers Resource

We all know that college is stressful, but with finals week coming up, it’s about to reach a whole new level. Here are ten ways to relieve that stress build-up!

1. Take A Nap

Let’s face it, with finals coming so soon, you’ve stayed up till at least three in the morning studying. You deserve a nap.

2. Go On A Walk

This one is great because you can literally do it anytime, anywhere. Studying before lunch in the library? Take a quick five minute stroll to relieve some pressure. Been stuck in your room all night? Find a buddy and go walk around campus for a few minutes. The change of view works wonders.

3. Take Advantage of Reading Days

Most colleges give reading days during finals week where all classes are cancelled, so you can study for your finals. However, most of us aren’t actually going to study for an entire day, right? Take advantage of these freebies and go do something with your friends! Take a hike, go to a park, visit a new town. Do something to let go of all that stress and clear your mind.

4. Listen To Some Music

You can listen while you study, or you could take a little break to jam out to your favorite songs. Either way, music is always a good idea.

5. Smash Apples

This one may seem a little out there, but it’s fantastic. Find a baseball bat (or a tennis racket) and some apples, and go smash them shamelessly to blow off a little steam! You’d be surprised at how satisfying it is to watch them explode.

6. Yell Out A Window

A bit out there for some, but for others it’s a miracle worker. You can yell out your dorm window, a car window, any window—just yell. Getting all that pent up frustration out is a good way to destress. You may feel a little silly yelling, but I promise it’s very satisfying.

7. Exercise!

Exercising is a proven way to destress, so you should definitely try this one out! You could gather some friends and play ultimate frisbee, or any sport you fancy. Running is a great way to destress because it allows your mind to sort through things as you run. Most schools have equipment to use like treadmills, ellipticals, and weights, so take advantage of them!

8. Play A Game

Take a study break with some friends and play a good old card game like Speed or War. You could even break out the board games and have a quick game of Candy Land (although, I would avoid Monopoly as it will most likely add to your stress).

9. Dance

If you’re feeling the pressure building, put on some tunes and have a dance party. Go crazy and laugh at yourself. It’ll help you relax!

10. Listen To Walrus Noises

If you’ve never heard a walrus sound—first of all, you’re missing out, second of all—it can be found on youtube, and you should check it out just because it’s finals week, and any kind of distraction is great. (Honestly—this is a thing. Animal noises. They’re hilarious at two o’clock in the morning.)

So there are ten ways to relieve a little stress during your finals week! Good luck!