10 Times 'Harry Potter' Made You Say 'Me' In College

Granted, most college kids aren't forced to defeat the Dark Lord and all of his minions, but college is still quite the journey.

11

College is stressful, agonizing, and downright unbearable sometimes, but other times it is inspirational and empowering. We can all relate to Harry Potter on a number of levels. We've been thrust into this confusing, often times terrifying world and are forced to overcome a series of obstacles while also attempting to get a quality education. Granted, most college kids probably don't have to defeat the Dark Lord and all of his minions, but college is still quite the journey. Here are ten times that most every college student related to Harry Potter.

1. When your professor hits you with a pop quiz on a Monday.

We all know Mondays are the most excruciating day of the week. You're already having weekend sleep withdrawals and can't seem to imagine Friday finally coming around again. Your professors sneak attack quiz only make matters worse.

2. When you get weird looks for obviously wearing your pajamas from last night to your morning class.

Every scheduling season you tell yourself that you'll be able to get up early and make it to an 8 a.m., and every semester you give up trying to look decent two weeks in. Hey, you actually made it and that's what really matters. Who cares if you look like a zombie?

3. When you realize you have no idea what's going on in your class.

We all have those classes that completely stump us no matter how hard we try. Whether it's caused by information overload, or complete lack of understanding, it happens to all of us. It's alright, you'll do better next semester.

4. When the people behind you won't stop yammering during a lecture.

Picture it: you've arrived to your lecture hall early. You set out your notepad, your pens, and your cup of coffee and settle in to your seat graciously awaiting the next 50 minutes of learning, and the two students behind you can't stop whisper-yelling about the party this weekend.

5. When you realize the end of the semester is looming and you still have a thousand assignments to finish.

The worst moment in the whole semester isn't during midterms, and not even during finals. The most absolutely terrifying moment is when you realize there are three weeks of class left and you still have three term papers, five exams, and a group project left.

6. When you realize the freshman fifteen is no joke.

Not only does stress trigger weight gain, but so does only having enough money to eat ramen noodles and poptarts. It's okay, this is what college is supposed to be like, right?

7. When your professor is the real MVP and cancels class on a Friday.

No feeling is more promising than waking up on a Friday morning and realizing you only have one day of classes until the weekend. Well, nothing besides checking your emails and seeing that class has been cancelled and you have an extra hour to sleep in.

8. When you and your friends attempt to have fun but can't stop thinking about the mountain of homework you all have at home.

We've all had that moment of realization while out with friends that you had an assignment due that weekend and you completely forgot about it. Time to rush home and pump out a whole paper before midnight!

9. When your literature professor goes off on a tangent about quantum physics.

You're just trying to prepare for the next exam and don't really have time to take notes about anything that isn't essential. Let's stick to the subject matter at hand and be as productive as possible.

10. When you remember the reason you're attending college in the first place.

No matter how difficult school becomes, you always remember that you're attending to follow your dreams and make the world a better place by adding one more educated mind to society. You'll never give up because you know this is what you want to do.