10 Reasons Why Having A Sister Is Awesome

Start appreciating what you have!

465
Bobbi Rosner
Having a sister is having a best friend for life.

When friends come and go, a sister is someone who is still always there. Of course, your best friends will be there for you, but in no way, shape, or form, as a sister would be. She's watched you grow up, she's been the primary witness of all of your awkward stages, and she's been there for all of your successes and failures. A sister is someone who has seen you at your absolute worst, absolute best, and still loves you more than anyone in this world. It's difficult to describe a connection one has with their sister if they don't have one- so listed below is ten reasons why having a sister is absolutely awesome!

1. Someone to talk to when you can't go to your parents

No matter how close you are with your parents, there are always some things that you just do not want to share with them. Whether it be about boys, school, grades, or something you got in trouble for, having a sister gives you someone to vent to, and someone to open up to about your deepest darkest secrets.

2. Someone who you can fight with all the time but still love them unconditionally

Having a sister is the greatest gift of all. When you fight with friends, sometimes you do not bounce back from the fight, and your friendship is over. Yet, when you fight with your sister, you are stuck seeing them around your house for the rest of the day, and you have no choice but to make up. Yet, if you have a sister, you know what the "sister make up" is. It is not really a make up. Instead, you will awkwardly be eating dinner together, look up at each other, start laughing,and ask "do you want to go to the mall together?" That's the beauty of living with your best friend. Your fights don't last long, because you know you have no choice but to make up.

3. You get to borrow their clothes

The best part about having a sister! You don't just have one closet to choose your clothes from, you have two. Even if your sister is the type who gets mad if you borrow her clothes, you will still do it anyway because that's your family, and you know that she will eventually get over it.

4. You don't need to decide who you're maid of honor is going to be, because your sister has had dibs on that spot since she was born.

No awkward fights or choosing between two best friends. Instead, your sister has had that special place in your heart since the day you were born.

5. Car trips are never boring

Having a sister means car trips that don't suck. I have been on many long, dreadful car rides alone with just my parents, and the minutes feel like hours. Having a sister with you on a long trip makes anything fun! You talk about nonsense, and play ridiculous games that only you two would think of.

6. You always have someone to do something with

If I was the only child, life would be boring. I wouldn't have someone to watch movies with for hours, eat meals together, and go on fun adventures when we were bored. Having a sister means having a best friend who is willing to do anything with you 24/7.

7. Someone who takes the blame

My favorite part about having a sister. Someone else to take the blame from me. That's the joyous part about having another sibling. Whether it be not doing the dishes when you're parents told you to or coming home too late. Having another sibling in the house gives you immunity because you're parents will never know who it really was!

8. Her friends become your friends, and your friends become hers.

Having a sister means having a whole nother friend group! When your sisters friends come over the house constantly, you can't help but get close with them, especially if you are close in age. My sister's friends are definitely my friends, and my friends are definitely hers too.

9. No one gets you better than her, because you are around each other all the time.

If it's family problems, she knows about it already, because she's part of your family. If it's problems with friend's you've told her about it one hundred times. If it's problems with boys, you've vented to her for hours on end. Whatever the case may be, she knows you better than anyone else in the world.

10. You have so many inside jokes that only you two share.

The inside jokes me and my sister have together are so ridiculous, that no one would ever get them. We have jokes from over twenty years ago, that we still use and talk about to this day. No one will ever share more inside jokes with you than a sister will.

If you couldn't already tell, having a sister isn't just someone to hang around with and have fun with; it's so much more. It's truly a blessing! I don't know what I would do or where I would be without my sister. She isn't just my best friend, she is the person I confide in, the person I go to for all of my problems, and the only person who I am certain will be in my life forever. So, if you are not close with your sister, or fight with them a lot, my advice is to start appreciating them. Because they truly are the greatest gift of life, and some people who don't have a sister would kill for one.