Billie Eilish

10 Reasons We Love Billie Eilish

Because I know you do.

974
10 Reasons We Love Billie Eilish
Wikimedia

Billie Eilish is a rockstar. At just seventeen, she's rising at an incredible speed. Just recently, she was on the cover of the 'Rolling Stone' magazine, listed as one of the best new artists of the year. I've put some serious thought into how and why she's so popular, and here's what I've come up with.

1. She’s young

Only seventeen and she's on top of the world. Her youth makes her talent so much more impressive, much as it did with Taylor Swift.

2. She’s genuine

When she talks, she says what she’s thinking without trying to sugarcoat. Even in advertisements, she says what she means.

3. Her voice is real

Obviously, there's a difference between live singing and recorded, but Billie's voice loses no quality performing live. She sounds the same with and without autotune, and that's true talent.

4. She doesn’t care what people think

Billie does what she wants. She doesn’t feel the need to conform to “normality,” and she just does what makes her happy without hesitating. That’s something we all want to do.

5. We can all feel like “real” fans

Because she's young and because her career is young, there's no barrier between “fake fans” and “real fans,” because we all like her at the same time.

6. She creates different characters

Billie Eilish is not only a singer but an actress. In several of her songs, she takes on a different persona, adding different feeling and emotions into each of her songs.

7. She stands out

Billie makes sure that she stands out in a crowd, from the clothes she wears to the way she walks. She marks herself as distinct in any way she can, and we notice.

8. Her music is different than the mainstream 

Not that mainstream, popular music is bad, but Billie makes music that sounds distinct. She uses new and odd sounds and manages to create something fascinating and familiar at the same time.

9. She interacts with her fans

At concerts, on social media, and in real life, she makes sure her fans know that she genuinely cares about them. She’s been known to go out of her way to have real conversations with fans.

10. She’s free

She's the kind of free we all aspire to be, whether you admit it or not.

She dances when and how she wants to, she dyes her hair because she feels like it, and she doesn't let societal norms hold her back. She takes control of her life and just does what she wants to.

In conclusion, Billie Eilish is iconic. She will not soon fade from popularity. Billie may not be your favorite singer, but no one can deny her talent and charisma. She has a long career ahead of her, and I, for one, am excited to see where she goes.