Ten Random Items You Should Thank

Ten Random Items You Should Thank

Since Getting Through College Without Them would be Impossible

272
Ten Random Items You Should Thank

There are tons of people you should definitely thank who have stuck by your side through college or life in general. However what about those objects that lay in your room and don't even ask for you to say thank you? They never expect any commitment and all they want to do help you in anyway they can, even when we are being super cranky and annoying. They never even ask for a thank you and love us endlessly anyway. Here are ten things, that without them, there is no way you'd make through class let alone four years of college.

1. Your Keurig/ Coffee pot

Every morning it happily sits there waiting for you to make the coffee--that is basically a daily vitamin--you need to get through your class without falling asleep. It does not care how many times you hit its buttons, it is still going to spit out some average coffee for you. Imagine having to go to Starbucks every morning to pay four dollars for a small cup of coffee? You'd be broke within two weeks. So thank you Keurig!

2. Your laptop

Have you ever tried to imagine college without this thing constantly by your side? Seriously think about it. I know that it sometimes likes to shut down randomly, or refuses to connect to the internet but, at least we have one! Imagine trying to watch shows not on netflix and on actual cable--I don't even know if I currently have the attention span to get through commercials. And have you seen the laptops you can rent on campus? Well trust me when I say you don't want to and that your personal laptop is so much better even though you want to throw it against the wall sometimes. Your laptop is your life, and even after two or three years it still trucks along as if you haven't slammed it shut or slammed on its keys--so thank you my amazing laptop for dealing with me.

3. That random baseball cap

It's old and it has either been in your life forever, or you have no idea where it came from. Nevertheless, it is always there to hide your greasy, late-night studying hair, that you didn't have time to wash for like the past two days. There's no shame: this hat has been there to fix your worst hair days. They even may also come in handy for some spirit wear to the sporting events that you never attend. So thank you baseball hat, for hiding my ugliness with some style.

4. That really old, but comfortable sweatshirt

We all know the one. It probably hasn't been washed since you moved in, but it is still the first thing you grab after class, for early morning classes, for bed, for comfort, for napping, and for pretty much everything. College without sweatshirts would just be plain upsetting, so thank you sweatshirt for being there no matter how many times I spill things on you, sleep in you, and neglect you.

5. Your bed

Sure it's small, and you've probably fallen off of it a few times, but it is still the comfiest place to be. When you're having a bad day, need a nap, or just need to relax your bed is always there for you. Even if you haven't slept with it in a week, it doesn't get mad and still accepts you with open arms and comfiness. Thank you bed, for always being there when life knocks me down and for not judging me when I don't leave you for 24 hours at a time.

6. Your planner/calendar

Please don't even pretend you could make it through life without this. There is no way you could remember all of the club meetings, homework, tests, and projects that were going on without this thing by your side. If you don't have one then you either have a photographic memory, or college just isn't going that well for you. Every college student needs a planner--actually no--everyone needs a planner in their lives. Everyone.

7. Your water bottle

We just don't have the money to drink much else than water and having it protable is just even better. Imagine getting through your long day of classes without it, especially after a crazy Thursday night. Plus where would the excuse be to leave the classroom for a break to fill it up? Water is essential and a water bottle is a must to make it through a day in college. Seriously look around in your classes next time--I bet you can only find about two people who don't have one.

8. Your earphones

So only one earphone works, or the wire is basically broken, or they're always a tangled mess. I get it. But seriously imagine college without them. How else would you tune out your annoying roommate who doesn't understand the social cues of you not wanting to talk right now? Or imagine not being able to cry along to your sad song play list when you're having a rough day, or how boring your walk to class would be? Face it, you need these broken pieces of crap to get through your day, so thank them.

9. Your microwave

I am no chef and I clearly don't know how to cook anything--just ask my roommates. Like I burn toast. So I know for a fact that without my microwave I would be starving and burning my apartment down trying to make food. It may be cheap and take forever to cook things, but at least it works. I have this to thank for all the quick and easy prep meals I make everyday. I would be dead without it--okay not really but you know what I mean.

10. Your cell phone

Does this even need an explanation? We can't survive without our cell phones. Period. Not only do they help us keep in contact with everyone important to us, but they also act as an alarm clock, our radio, our camera, our entertainment, and our best friends. So just thank you cell phone, for everything you do. I couldn't be where I am without you.