10 Life Lessons You Learn By The Time You're 24

We are meant to grow, change and try new things, so take it in stride and enjoy it.

456

You're never too old to stop learning, especially in the game of life. As a 24-year-old, I have learned so much about myself and how crazy life changes, so here 10 things I have learned at the age of twenty-four.

1. You No Longer Have 30 Best Friends

Rupaul Gifs

I have always had a large number of friends, which was fun because I always had something to do. Now, I am two years out of college, have two best friends, and I am OK with it. They say that as you grow older you realize who your true friends are, and I know who mine are.

2. You Don't Go Out As Much Anymore

Being an adult and working a full-time job is more exhausting than people realize. After working a 40-hour work week, the last thing you want to do is go to a club and sweat to death.

3. You Learn To Say No

I used to be someone who would say yes to anything because I had a fear of saying no. The word "No" has now become one of my favorite words, and I understand that I don't have to do everything that everyone else wants me to do. It's my life, and my time, so if there's something I don't want to do, I have no shame in saying no.

4. You Quit That Job That Makes You Unhappy

As millennials, we are often so focused on being successful that we work dead-end jobs just to make ends meet. Then, we go home drained, upset and unhappy. It is OK to quit a job that's not making you happy. If you aren't satisfied, it's going to show in your work. Most businesses will live on forever, but we only get one life so QUIT, and do what makes you happy!

5. You Stop Comparing Yourself To Other People

Comparing yourself to others is a normal thing, especially with social media being so popular nowadays. At 24, you learn that everyone is on a different journey in life and that's OK. Your friend might be a successful engineer, but you might be a successful journalist or teacher, and that's just as great. Embrace who you are and what you're working towards instead.

6. You Learn How To Embrace Failure

Face it, we aren't going to be successful at everything we do, it's just impossible. When we fail, it's important to embrace failure because we all fail at some point. It's more important how we come back from failure.

7. You Learn To Enjoy Alone Time

Everyone needs a little alone time to focus on themselves, and to do something that they want to do. Instead of waiting around for your friends to take that hike with you on that new trail, do it by yourself and enjoy nature.

8. You Get Excited When You Can Nap

Sleep is priceless, and there is always that bit of excitement when you are allowed extra rest. In your mid-20s, you realize that naps are things that cannot be taken for granted, and you will do anything to take one.

9. You Have To Calendar Plan Time With Your Friends

Once you graduate college, you move on with your life, and you have a new routine filled with work and other responsibilities. So, finding time to spend with friends can be challenging, which is where calendar planning comes in. With everyone's busy schedules, you realize that the only way to stick to your plans of meeting up is for everyone to mark off a specific date in their calendar for "Friend Time".

10. You Realize You Don't Have It All Figured Out Yet

At 24, you realize that you don't really have your life all figured out yet, but that it's OK. We are meant to grow, change and try new things, so take it in stride and enjoy it.