Ten Board Games That You Don't Know

Ten Board Games That You Don't Know

I made a list of ten board games that many people don't know and I have a feeling you're one of them.

427
Ten Board Games That You Don't Know
Shopswell

I absolutely adore board games or tabletop games. I recently started watching gameplay on YouTube and made a list of ten of these games. They can be on the pricey side but they seem completely worth it to me. Please enjoy!

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

1. Ticket to Ride

This is a strategy base game, it fits about 1-5 players. Each person gets their own color of trains and ticket routes. Each player then takes turns completing an action. You all strive to cut each other off, build your own routes, and get the longest route. There are multiple maps for this game of different countries but each is sold separately. The different maps also have their own twists and challenges!

2. Pandemic

You and your friends all need to work together in order to fight four diseases, colored red, yellow, black, and blue. This game fits up to 8 players and you even get to set your own difficulty. Everyone will soon be discussing strategies on how to cure the planet and everyone ALWAYS starts naming the diseases. Colors are so overrated when the zombie virus is spreading in Europe.

3. Betrayal at House on the Hill

Never worry about playing the same game twice with this horror themed 3-6 player game! You and your friends start to play in the gothic mansion where you build the map. At some point omens in the game cause someone to turn traitor. At this point, the traitor takes a booklet and the allies take a separate one and depending on what omens happened, one out of 50 possibilities will create a survival based game. The allies must fight the traitor AND whatever demons, ghouls, vampires, etc. comes with them in order to escape the mansion.

4. Coup

This is a 2-6 player game full of gambling and bluffing. I know what you're thinking, it's not poker. Instead, there are a few leaders in this game and each player has two cards with that lay face down. No one knows which leader is on them. You also have some influence points. Your goal is to have the most influence out of everyone else. With each turn you get to have an action but if someone calls your bluff on this action and you can't deliver with the right leader then you lose a little influence.

5. Legendary: Marvel Deck Game

If you like to play any sort of deck building game, whether that be Pokemon or Magic: The Gathering, this game may be for you. You and your friends get to build a guided card deck as you play AND you all get to fight various enemies in the Marvel Universe. This a 1-5 player game and everyone is a team! I believe to be other variations of the Legendary games but I am not sure.

6. Katamino

I don't know much about this game, I do believe it to be a 1-3 player games. There is a board that has two game modes. For three players, you and the players just take turns placing a block, like Tetris. Once someone cannot place a block, they lose. The two player version is each player gets one half of the board with a divider in the center. Players then, try and place all of their blocks on their side of the board before the other player.

7. Castle Panic

A 1-6 player game where everyone works as a team to stop a horde of monsters attacking your castle. Monsters come every turn by the draw of some tokens. Then, each player takes certain actions each turn to stop these monsters before they hit the walls of the castle in the center of the map.

8. Roll For It

There are two decks for this game, a red and a purple deck. If you combine them then up to 8 players can play. Otherwise, it is a 2-4 player game. You place cards down and each player takes turn to roll dice. If the rolled dice match what is on the card, you place them on top and roll again your next turn. You get points awarded for each card you complete. The first person to 40 or more points wins.

9. Fun-Employed

Up to 20 people can play this game. Each person is given ridiculous requirements to apply for a job. The game sort of works like Apples to Apples where there is a judge and you need to convince that just on how you are right for the job. It can be a very fun and comedic game.

10. Town of Salem

This is actually an online game that has been or is being manufactured into a card version. I'm not sure on the details of it all but the online game is a role playing style. It is Town vs. Mafia vs. Serial Killers vs. Vampires and so on. You and everyone need to work together to find the people on your team. Whoever you think is against you, you need to convince the majority of the town to lynch them or hope they are murdered at night. The game was backed on Kick Starter a long time ago so I am not sure when it will be available in stores but here is a link to the online game.