10 Productive Things To Do When It's Cold

10 Productive Things To Do When It's Too Cold Outside

Instead of just laying in bed all day, here are some activities you can do in the colder months that are beneficial for the mind, body, and soul.

37
Photo by Inna Lesyk on Unsplash

With winter being just around the corner and the cold months creeping up it has become a lot harder to stay entertained. Yes, it is very tempting to curl up in a blanket and watch Netflix all day but it is important to stay somewhat active even when it's snowing outside. If you're having a difficult time coming up with things to do then here are ten activities that keep you warm, relaxing, and fun!

1. Decorate or re-arrange your room.

upload.wikimedia.org

With school, work or any other of the other responsibilities we have it can be hard to keep your room super clean or in style for the season. On a day when you're not even planning to step outside, do a whole room redo! By cleaning up you'll feel more organized and adding decor will put you in that holiday mood.

2. Light candles and take a bath.

Nothing feels better than coming in from a cold day, putting on some soothing music, and soaking in some bubbles. It eases your mind, relieves stress, and most importantly keeps you nice and warm.

3. Color or draw.

c1.staticflickr.com

Drawing or coloring is a great way to stay busy because it is tedious and requires focus. Once you start coloring or drawing, you tend to forget that it's freezing outside or any other concerns you may have, especially when picking out the coloring books that are specifically for easing tension and for adults.

4. Yoga and meditation.

c1.staticflickr.com

Yoga is one of the best ways to stretch and strengthen your inner core. When adding meditation, you are working on your focus and inner peace, bettering yourself mentally. What better way to spend a cold dreary day than closing your eyes and connecting with yourself.

5. Get your "procrastination" list done.

upload.wikimedia.org

We all have that mental list in the back of our minds of little things we need to get done such as emailing a teacher or paying a bill. As much as we want to put it off for as long as possible it's best to do on a cold day. Therefore, when the sun is shining and you want to go hang with friends, you won't have to worry about completing the little tasks.

6. Bake cookies.

c1.staticflickr.com

While trying to stay as warm as possible, it's very important that your stomach feels full and warm as well. What better way to do this than fix one of your favorite treats with some warm milk?

7. Catch up with friends and family.

c1.staticflickr.com

Sometimes our lives are very hectic and it can be difficult to fit those periodic phone conversations in with your friends or family members. Make a list of who you've been needing to call and on one of those cold, righteous days spend time going through the whole list and talking to each person. It will make them feel better because it shows that you care which will make you feel equally as happy.

8. Write out your thoughts.

c1.staticflickr.com

Writing out your thoughts is one of the best ways to get out anything you have been feeling lately. It is also a much simpler way to talk about any issues that you have with yourself or others and aren't comfortable talking about them in person. This can be hard to incorporate into a busy schedule so it's best to do on a dreary winter day.

9. Listen to new music.

upload.wikimedia.org

Discovering new music can be an exciting activity especially when you find a new artist who has your preferred genre of songs. Sitting there with nice, steady music and watching the rain/snow fall makes the day so much more enjoyable.

10. Study Study STUDY!!

Unsplash

As much as we hat to admit it, there is no such thing as too much studying and we might as well get it done on a day where staying inside is the only option. Take a deep breath, put in your headphones, and study the day away!