Remind Yourself Of These 10 Things To Make Today A Good Day

You are more than your symptoms, each and every one of them.

232

YOUR MENTAL ILLNESS DOES NOT DEFINE YOU.

I know what you’re thinking, “oh here we go again, more mental illness awareness articles saying the same things…” Well, sit tight because yes this is going to be another article on loving yourself.

This article goes out to everyone who just needs to hear the right words to get them out of bed and to the people who feel like today is going to be “one of those days” because everyone deserves to have a good day, and today will be one of them. Don't let your mental illness stop you from thinking you are not good enough, or important when you are everything in between.

1. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Whether you believe it or not, you are beautiful. Regardless of what the scale says. There will never be a person like you ever. There will never be another person with your beauty. Nobody will ever have your eyes, or the curve of your smile, or the dip of your nose. You are beautiful. Please do not feel like you have to change the way you are to fit anyone's standards besides your own.

2. YOU ARE IMPORTANT!

You are important. You are important to so many people. Imagine all the people you make smile, or laugh, that is a magical power. You are important enough to everyone and to yourself. Importance is your middle name so don’t be embarrassed to embrace it.

3. YOU ARE LOVED!

Even if you don’t feel like it, there is someone out there who appreciates you so much. You mean the world to so many people and that fact alone is just incredible. You are loved by so many people and by yourself. Your body urns for your love and once you accept that type of love, you are literally unstoppable.

4. YOU ARE UNIQUE!

You have an amazing personality! You are completely different and that's okay! We were born to be different and to stand out. Nobody will ever take away your uniqueness from this world, and with that, just makes you more beautiful, more important and more loved!! Don't be afraid to be yourself, because there can be only ONE you.

5. YOU ARE AMAZING!

Your energy, your personality, the way you are is just amazing. Everyone has that special light in their eyes that nobody can every take away from them. Don't be ashamed because you are different from someone, you are amazing and that is all that matters!!

6. YOU ARE WORTH IT!

YOU. ARE. WORTH. EVERYTHING. Please do not think otherwise, you were put on this Earth for a reason, you have a purpose in this lifetime. So instead of beating yourself up, because "you don't have a meaning in life", take that energy and focus on finding your purpose. I promise you will not regret it.

7. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO!

You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to!! Whether it's becoming a doctor or author, only YOU can decide what you want your life to be. Isn't that just incredible? The fact that you actually can make your future be what you want it to be, is so powerful. So don't be afraid to have big dreams.

8. YOU ARE STRONG!

Whenever you feel weak and broken-down, remember that you are only human. You are strong and powerful. You are able to do so many things in your life, so don't limit yourself. Remember that things are going to get rough before they get better.

But in order for things to become better, you must allow yourself to get hurt and accept that just because something happened and you feel weak, you are FAR from that. Pick yourself up and keep doing the best you can do.

9. YOU DESERVE THE WORLD!

You deserve the world and so much more. I wish there were enough words for me to be able to tell you how much you are just an incredible person. If It takes a million stars for you to know that you are one, then so be it. You deserve to be happy and deserve to live an amazing life. You deserve the world and the stars that shine purposely for you.

10. YOUR MENTAL ILLNESS DOES NOT DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!

Just because you happen to have a mental illness, does not mean you are only a "sick person", you're just a person who happens to have a mental illness. Please do not let your mental illness stop you from seeing your self-worth and value because you are everything and mean the world to me. Let your illness become your motivation and drive for your life.

I know what it feels like to feel like you are alone but I can assure you that you are not alone, I stand with you. And if you have read this far, then congratulations because now you are going to speak into existence that today or tomorrow or this week, is going to be yours. You are going to rock it! You are going to be happy and be positive and just be the best you can be.

If you cannot get out of bed, that's okay. If you cannot convince yourself to message your friends, they'll understand. At the end of the day, you are more than a symptom. You are more than all of your symptoms. I am so proud of you for how far you have come. You made it!!! Once again, I love you.

Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 You are not alone.