6 Reasons There Should Be A Television Network Dedicated To Canceled Shows

6 Reasons There Should Be A Televison Network Dedicated To Canceled Shows

Who wouldn't want another channel? The more, the better.

50

The fall TV season is a month away. Each year, more pilots are getting picked up by networks as well as streaming services. Between streaming, DVR, and just watching online, the competition to have a show stay on the air and make it to another season becomes feistier every year. Even after a certain amount of seasons, the fate of it staying can be low. The biggest thing that determines whether a TV show stays or goes is ratings. If they aren't high, then it can be time for fans to say goodbye. Of course, nobody wants that to happen to their favorite show.

Between the competition from streaming services, other networks, ratings, DVR, and many other factors that have deferred people living in this generation to watch content in real time, is it time for cable to have a specific network for all those canceled ones to be recycled and replayed? According to a recent Facebook survey, Here are the reasons why that isn't such a bad idea.

1. Can help gain an audience again.

In addition to ratings, one of the things that cause a TV show to die is not having an audience. Of course, the number of people watching can vary for each show or even episode. Having a specific network for all the canceled ones can help a program gain an audience again and bring it back into production.

2. Would possibly help make comebacks.

As we all know, not all television shows stay canceled. Truthfully, it's very easy for them to come back. For example, this year Fox canceled it's beloved sitcom "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" after five seasons and "Lucifer" after three. It was only days later when NBC picked up Detective Jake Peralta and his crew and Netflix decided it would take Lucifer Morningstar for another season.

3. Another way for the actors, producers, and everyone who worked on a production to make money.

For many of these people who work on a television show, it's not always the end of the world to them when cancellation hits. Truthfully, many receive other jobs within periods of time. At the same time, whether it's syndicated or not, whenever a network shows an old or new episode of a TV show, all who worked on that specific project get paid. The same would happen in this situation as well.

4. Fans would be able to tune in again.

Millennials, baby boomers, you name it, everyone gets busy, regardless of how old or young they are. Between all the ways this generation is given to watch a show without seeing it when it first comes out or when a new episode airs, it's another excuse why viewership is declining in primetime. Despite how we can see it outside of real time, not everyone has the time to DVR, stream, or even watch online. That's when having a home for shows that didn't make it through a full run, would come in handy. Keep in mind, everyone gets those sick days or is impacted by bad weather, every once in a while. Sometimes, when people are in those situations, they might not be in the mood to stream. When your not in the mood to do that, you might as well just turn on the television and flip through the channels.

5. Would help those who don't want to pay for streaming stay updated.

Although they might not get to see exclusives such as Netflix's "Orange Is The New Black," "Stranger Things," "13 Reasons Why," or Hulu's "Castle Rock," "The Handmaid's Tale," along with Amazon Prime favorites such as "Transparent," "Bosch," and all the other original content these platforms have to offer, there is still a chance they would see some of the broadcast or premium ones they loved, that other networks don't show.

6. Another channel for cable subscribers to have!

Now more then ever, cable subscribers are given a variety of channels. Basically, there's something for everyone. Also, who wouldn't want another channel? The more, the better.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-ca...