Fictional Teens With Worse To Worry About Than Homework

5 Fictional Teenagers Who Live Unusual Lives

Here are a couple book recommendations about teenagers who have way more to deal with than the stress of college applications.

141
Frankie Walls

I am proud to say that I am a book nerd. I am a lover of all different kinds of books and it's awesome to find a new series to get into. I am passionate about books because I enjoy the escape I can get through my literature. If you ever want to pick up a book and read, these books are something you could look into.

So here are some books that involve teenagers like me. The only difference being is that they have bigger issues than high school drama. Before we start, my honorable mention is the Harry Potter series; I didn't put it on the list because you either have read it or you've seen the movies. If there is a possibility that you have done neither, that's because you're a Muggle.

Harry Potter is the boy who lived, and because of that people want to kill him. Weird, I know, but he's learning magic at a magic boarding school; the only downside is he and his best friends have to stop someone from trying to kill him every year. I feel like the situation could be worse, I mean he's been stopping people from killing him since he was an infant.

Something Harry Potter and our next character have in common is that they didn't know what they truly were capable of until something bad happens.

1. Percy Jackson in the Percy Jackson series

Now Percy is one of my favorites because of his obliviousness to the entire thing. Percy finds out that he is half god, and that his father is Poseidon, not only that but his best friend who he thought was disabled is actually part mythical beast. One moment he is trying to survive high school with his dyslexia and the next he's in a fight with Medusa of all people. This book series touched a lot on Greek mythology, because of this series I stayed interested in Greek mythology.

2. Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games series

Now Katniss is the age of sixteen in the first Hunger Games book, and she's dealing with trying to support her low-income family in a post-apocalyptic America. The best way Katniss can provide everything her family wants is by winning the 74th hunger games, but that means staying alive for that long. If that pressure wasn't enough, when it was all over she would be the face of an uprising, but no YA story would be complete without adding in a love interest into the mix as well. Romance and an uprising sound great together don't they.

3. Cameron Morgan in the Gallagher Girls series

This was one of the first book series that I read after Harry Potter and to me it's a classic. The Gallagher Girl series follows Cameron Morgan, daughter of a spy. Cammie goes to an all-girls boarding school that trains the next generation in the art of espionage and her mom is the principle. This book touches on Cammie going through all the typical teenage girl drama or at least what adults think is typical. She worries about boys, she fights with her best friends, she worries about failing gym class, she even goes through a rebellious stage where she defies her mom and skips school. Like being a teenage spy wasn't enough, the whole first book is about a boy, but it does get way more interesting than that as the story progresses.

4. Clary Fray from the Shadowhunter series

Clary is a seemingly normal teen just like Percy Jackson; the only difference is that instead of finding out she's part god, she finds out that she is part angel. The strangest gift to receive on your birthday is the knowledge that you're part angel and you're supposed to stop demons like some sort of angel bounty hunter.

5. Cassie Sullivan in the 5th Wave series

Ironically enough my fifth pick for teenagers with abnormal teenagers is the fifth wave. Even when the end of the world is upon us, she still has time to be a teenager. Aliens are causing earthquakes, tsunamis, and they're even spreading diseases. Cassie still has time to find love, even though she should be looking for her younger brother.

There are 5 teenagers with pretty messed up lives, instead of having to worry about college applications and fights in the friend group these teenagers are just trying to survive. Another honorable mention would be Beatrice Prior in the Divergent series if you read the series you know how it ends...which is why I decided against mentioning it.

So next time you think about how terrible the situation you're in is, just be happy you aren't one of the characters I just mentioned….they have weirder problems to worry about.