TED Talks For Your Day

TED Talks For Your Day

Whether it be world issues, life lessons, science, or business -- TED has you covered.

16
TED Talks For Your Day
TED Talks

TED Talks is a nonprofit organization where individuals share ideas, initiatives, and entertainment through short, inspirational talks. It stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design where most topics in everyday life are covered. Whether it be world issues, life lessons, science, or business, they all are quick yet powerful. TED Talks are shared globally and in over 110 languages, and I would like to share with you my 6 favorite talks.

1. "Why You Should Talk To Strangers"

Kio Stark shares the benefits of embracing the world around you and the people that are in it. The importance of having a genuine connection with everyone you can is something she finds incredible, and she shares a story to prove that.

2. "Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are"

Amy Cuddy, a social psychologist, shares her thoughts on body language and the effect it has. She explains how the world views individuals and their confidence level based on the body language put forth. This is a topic everyone should be educated on because it can have an impact on our chances for success in today's society.

3. "Inside The Mind Of A Master Procrastinator"

Tim Urban talks about procrastination; something we all are familiar with. (Especially if you are anything like me!) This talk is very humorous and entertaining. He rants on and on about what he does when procrastinates, and how he wants to change his tactics.

4. "The Magic Ingredient That Brings Pixar Movies To Life"

Pixar's director of photography, Danielle Feinberg, shares her experiences of working behind the scenes of several films. Some of which are widely known, such as Toy Story, Finding Dory, and Finding Nemo. This TED Talk is extremely interesting, especially to those who are interested in art as a profession or hobby. Her story proves that art is a freedom that can skyrocket when given the right tools and ambition.

5. "The Beauty Of Being A Misfit"

Lidia Yuknavitch, an author, shares her advice for those who feel as if they do not belong. She explains the work she did to resurface from loss, anger, and self-acceptance.

6. "I Think We All Need A Pep Talk"

And finally, my favorite... Kid President delivers an inspirational talk on creating a life that will contribute to making the world the best it can be.