10 Taylor Swift Lyrics To Inspire All Of Us As Woman

10 Taylor Swift Lyrics To Inspire All Of Us To Be A Better, More Graceful, And Confident Woman

From self-love, to heartbreak, to drama, to toxic friendships, Taylor has taught me how to get through anything.

294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuXNumBwDOM

"Me" just came out and it inspired me to go back and listen to all of Taylor Swift's albums. Even though I was only in elementary school when she debuted her first album, I almost feel like I've grown up with her. She's taught me so many lessons and is someone whose music I can turn to when I'm happy or sad.

While some people may think that her songs are basic, I couldn't disagree more. Her lyrics speak to millions of people all around the world and empower the next generation of powerful female artists, innovators, and leaders. Here are ten of my favorite Taylor Swift lyrics that inspire me to be a better, more graceful, and confident woman.

1. “Band-Aids on’t fix bullet holes”

People are going to hurt you. They're going to do things that you're not going to like, and they're going to say things to hurt you. Oftentimes, these can be the ones who are closest to you, and they make accuses like they're just being honest with you. First off, you should surround yourself with people who hype you up and don't tear you down. Secondly, words hurt, and it is okay to feel upset when people are unkind to you.

2. "Someday I'll be living in a big old city and all you're ever gonna be is mean”

Don't let people discourage you. People are going to say you can't own your own company, can't be a senator, or can't be student body president. Keep dreaming, keep slaying, and keep being you. In the end, the people who were mean to you will probably want to be you.

3. “The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama”

There will always be something to worry about. Oftentimes we stress so much about trivial things but Taylor got it right. There's always going to be stuff going on, and we need to stop worrying about things that are out of our control.

4. "When we go crashing down, we come back every time.”

Even when you're feeling low, don't lose hope. There is always a light at the end up the tunnel and we're stronger than we think. Whether its a breakup, a bad test grade, a broken bone, or a missed opportunity, we come back every single time.

5. “'Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream.”

Just because someone looks like a queen doesn't mean they have their life together.

6. “We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time.”

Taylor Swift Cat GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Just because you're happy doesn't mean you can't be lonely. I feel like oftentimes people tell us we have to suppress our emotions or that we're being too dramatic. It's okay to feel a surge of emotions and don't let people tell you that you have to feel a certain way about something or someone.

7. “In your life you'll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team.”

I know right, at some point in our lives we thought it was so important for us to date the most popular person in school. I think this taught me that oftentimes we get so caught up in wanting superficial things. What we think is the most important thing in the world one day, we might totally forget about a couple of months or years later.

8. “Heartbreak is the national anthem. We sing it proudly.”

Even on our darkest days, Taylor Swift has taught me that I'm never alone. Instead of bringing each other down, we should be building each other up. We should recognize our heartbreak and band together to make it through this crazy world.

9. “I've found time can heal most anything and you just might find who you're supposed to be.”

Sometimes in the midst of the chaos within life we just need to take a step back and let time pass by. We're always constantly growing- emotionally, physically, and psychologically- and sometimes we just need time to get over some of our hardest obstacles. In the end, we'll have learned from our mistakes and will be that much stronger.

10. “Stay Beautiful”

No matter where you are or what you're doing, stay true to who you are. You're beautiful, and the world needs to know that.

So thank you, Taylor Swift, for always being there for us. Thank you for always being yourself and for bringing so much class and elegance to an otherwise chaotic world. Thank you for inspiring me, and for being a voice for millions of people all around the world.