Can Taylor Swift Make A Comeback?

Can Taylor Swift Make A Comeback?

Sorry all your Swifties out there, the future might not look so sweet for this former sweetheart!

51
Can Taylor Swift Make A Comeback?

The year of 2016 has been a big one. From the presidential elections, England leaving the European Union and summer olympics in Rio, the first eight months of 2016 have been historic. With this in mind, arguably the biggest conflict of the year so far has centered around pop star, Taylor Swift. America's alleged sweet heart fell from that title a few weeks ago after she brewed up some social media drama with ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris and then with long-time on-again, off-again friend, Kayne West. Let's looks back and see just how the drama went down to determine whether Swift can ever redeem her title as "America's Sweetheart."

July 13 2016: Swift and Harris have been separate now for several weeks. When Harris was on the air with Ryan Seacrest, Seacrest asked if Harris and Swift ever thought about collaborating on a song, and Harris immediately shut down the idea. After the interview, Swift, offended by Harris' strong reaction to Seacrest's question, released that she wrote Harris' hit single "This Is What You Came For" and even performed some of the vocals. Initially, Swift wanted her work with the single to be kept low-key, so she used a pseudonym to cover her true identity. But, when the song became a sensation and Harris was so quick to answer that he would never work with Swift, she immediately exposed Harris for lying.

Harris took the issue to Twitter when he wrote:

Calvin Harris: “Hurtful to me at this point that her and her team would go so far out of their way to try and make ME look bad at this stage though."

Calvin Harris: "I wrote the music, produced the song, arranged it and cut the vocals though. And initially she wanted it kept secret, hence the pseudonym"

Calvin Harris: "I know you're off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy ETC but I'm not that guy, sorry. I won't allow it"

Now, Harris was not right to bring the issue to the public, but Swift was ultimately the one to release that she wrote the lyrics to the song and Harris was just reacting. Swift came off as insecure to the public because she of her strong reaction when Harris said they would never collaborate. Swift was the one after all who kept her name secret in the song credits.

A few days later ...

The on-again, off-again frenemies Taylor Swift and Kanye West got into a battle of their own involving Kanye's wife and famous reality TV star, Kim Kardashian. Kanye wrote a song involving Taylor with the several lines one of which "I made that bitch famous." Taylor reacted to the song claiming she never gave Kanye permission to write about her in his song.

Later, Kardashian released a series of videos on her snapchat story (kimkardashian) with Kanye calling Swift to run the song lyrics by her. In the videos, she approved of the lyrics but it was never shown him saying the "I made that bitch famous" line.

Overall: Swift could very well be seen as a liar. She hid her name from Harris' song showing she did not want her identity as the song-writer revealed and then claimed Kanye didn't run the lyrics by her when he did in Kim's video. Once someone is given the title of a "liar" it is hard to turn back and redeem yourself because everyone will question if what you're saying is true.

Taylor's fans are very loyal at the same time. For the most part, they have supported her, along with the support of several friends such as Selena Gomez and Ruby Rose. But the friends are just joining the feud and involving themselves into the nasty drama.

Other stars, like Justin Bieber and Britney Spears were able to make comebacks after similarly public "downfalls," so it is not impossible to win back the hearts of the world. Swift will have to overcome her hardships, make peace with her enemies and work on being trusted as she once was.