15 Taylor Swift Lyrics That Beautifully And Tragically Describe The End Of Your Semester

I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time.

1284
Taylor Swift/ Instagram

Who says all Taylor Swift sings about is love? Some of her lyrics are very appropriate for all of us stressed out college kids struggling to make it through the end of the semester.

1. "It'll leave you breathless or with a nasty scar" - Blank Space

As the semester comes to an end, college students have to kick it into high gear. You can either study nonstop until your breathless from exhaustion or you'll get a nasty scar on your transcript with a grade you don't want.

2. "This slope is treacherous. This path is reckless. This slope is treacherous." - Treacherous

The end of the semester is treacherous. Free time? What's that? You've got research papers due tomorrow and a class presentation this afternoon.

3. "They say I did something bad. But why's it feel so good? Most fun I ever had, and I'd do it over and over and over again if I could. It just felt so good, good." - I Did Something Bad

When you inevitably make the mistake of going out even though you should have been studying for finals. But it was worth it, right?

4. "Hang up, give up, for the life of us we can't get back" - Sad Beautiful Tragic

When it wasn't worth it because then you realize you have to pull five all-nighters in a row to make up for lost time and get back on track.

5. "You're drowning, you're drowning, you're drowning. " - I Knew You Were Trouble

If you're not drowning by now, are you really a college student?

6. "And maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up." - All Too Well

When your paper was a masterpiece until you read all your professor's comments on it.

7. "I bet this time of night you're still up. I bet you're tired from a long hard week." - I Almost Do

Because who isn't staying up all night and who isn't exhausted right now?

8. "This is the last time you tell me I've got it wrong." - The Last Time

When you're preparing for the final of a class that you have a borderline grade in. You need a perfect score to pull it off. You can't afford to get one question wrong.

9. "I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now." - I Knew You Were Trouble

When you knew that your schedule was a nightmare by syllabus day and you didn't change it. Now you're paying for your past self's ambition and optimism.

10. "But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time. Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time"- Look What You Made Me Do

When you go into a final you crammed for and you know you've got it... You got smarter in the nick of time.

11. "Come on, come on, don't leave me like this. I thought I had you figured out. Something's gone terribly wrong. You're all I wanted ." - Haunted

Except you didn't have it...

12. "So casually cruel in the name of being honest. I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here. " - All Too Well

When you're leaving an exam that should have been illegal it was so hard...

13. "Are we out of the woods yet? Are we out of the woods yet? Are we out of the woods yet?" - Out Of The Woods

When all your exams are done and you feel like you're stepping out of a war zone.

14. "Long were the nights when my days once revolved around you" - Dear John

See ya later, library! Your nights no longer revolve around your classes on winter break.

15. "And here's to my momma, had to listen to all this drama" - This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Shout out to all the Moms out there that listened to their college kids' regular mental breakdowns throughout the end of the semester.

Good luck on your finals, everyone! Just listen to some Taylor Swift and try not to lose all your marbles. You're almost done.