A Taste Of The West Coast

A Taste Of The West Coast

Ever been curious about Los Angeles, California?

17
A Taste Of The West Coast
Nserrano

If you have wondered what the west coast is like, or considered visiting, I'll be the first to tell you that it is an amazing location. Los Angeles, California is special in its own way just like other areas, but something distinctive about it draws you in. My experience of LA might encourage you to check available flights...

Looking out the airplane window made my heart stop and my eyes widen in excitement. I had finally reached the vibrant place my dad always talked about. When the airplane approached, I remember holding my breath in awe at the sight of a different city other than Atlanta. I didn't expect to fall in love with the west coast as much as I did.

Mountains loomed in the distance and the bold letters of the Hollywood sign flashed to the vast city. Under the kiss of the mountains, buildings unfolded with webs of creativity that wounded down every street. The urge to chase dreams sparked the consciousness of many, as if the city made people feel free and able to take on the world.

Past the city, the ocean illuminated the shore with massive waves of unique character. The crests were strong, but beautiful. My dad and I traveled to the local beaches, Santa Monica, Venice, Malibu, and Manhattan, each one with a scenery that held its own story. All the beaches had the right blend of naturalization, perfect palm trees, dazzling ocean and shore, and the artsy addition of colorful buildings. There was a relaxing vibe at every beach, which kept me in a light-hearted mood.

The Santa Monica pier was full of activity, containing the famous Ferris wheel and roller coaster overseeing the water. When standing on the pier, there was a majestic aura from the stunning sight, the energetic people and the sound of the ocean all in one. Venice was very artsy and allowed for freedom of expression. There were photographers and models on the beach, an exercise area near the water, skateboarding and basketball, beach volleyball, and other lively recreations going on. Malibu was elegant, surrounded by lavishing houses, offering superior restaurants and drives through swanky streets. Manhattan beach presented numerous shops and places to eat right by piers leading out to the ocean. All the beaches we visited were dazzling, and it was so convenient that Los Angeles was close to the water.

In the middle of the Los Angeles charm, something magical happened to me, I didn't want to leave. When walking through the streets of LA, there was a continuous sweet breeze and warm sun, the city's usual pleasant weather. There were farmers' markets with gorgeous fresh and locally grown food where we were able to fulfill our taste buds. My dad and I ate some of the best food we had ever tried, considering that there were so many restaurants that weren’t chains, which was quite refreshing. Along with the unique restaurants were little coffee shops that had fantastic coffee, not just your typical Starbucks. This one restaurant, Café Gratitude, was so great that we went back three times!

Aside from the great places, the city had so much art and originality about it. Almost every street looked different, the architecture and structure of the buildings evoked much admiration of the intricate detail. It was a perfect setting to walk by refined buildings, surrounded by gorgeous mountains and perky trees, the slight smell of the salty ocean carried by the breeze. Most of the people were very nice and returned smiles, as there were many who were out exploring more of the beloved city. I was always entertained and joyous from being in such a grand place.

Whether you have thought about traveling to Los Angeles, California, or not, it is definitely a place worth experiencing. It gave me a wide variety of art and culture gains, opened me up to wanting to travel more, and finally gave me a taste of the west coast. Los Angeles is undoubtedly my second home. One day you might come to find yourself saying the same thing.