9 Fun Places To Visit In Tallahassee This Summer

Affordable things for all ages to do for Summer '16 in Tallahassee.

1491
Clipartpanda

Here in Tallahassee, Florida, there's not much to do for college students unless it's party. Families, middle school and high school students its summer time; the kids want to have fun and stay active- leaving them at home is not going to cut it anymore. I know Tallahassee is a small city, we don't have any amusement parks, or water parks but it's so small that you are able to make your own fun. Aside from the movies, there are more things to explore and do in Tallahassee. So, are you tired of being stuck in the house each summer? You just don't know what to do if you could leave your dorm or apartment? Well here are some fun, affordable things for all ages to do for Summer '16 in Tallahassee.

Cascade Park

1001 S Gadsden St, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Sunrise to Sunset
(850)891-3866

Cascade Park is the new "social center" of Tallahassee community. Cascade includes a children's playground, a state-of-the-art amphitheater, an interactive water fountain, Smokey Hollow Commemoration and miles of multi-use trails. Cascade Park is designed to enhance the community by having arts, education and history available for all ages. Make sure to visit the park at night, it can light up the scene and your hearts! See more tickets and events at discovercascades.com.

The Tallahassee Museum

3495 Museum Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32310
Mon. - Sat. 9AM-5PM
Sunday 11AM - 5PM
(850) 575-8684

Get a head start and plan your visit to the Tallahassee Museum! There are 52 acres of adventurous Florida natural settings on an amazing lake side with historic structures and hands-on education workshops each week. From stunning animals, rare historic buildings, a breathtaking nature scene all the way to zip lining! Theres something people of all ages can enjoy. - See more tickets and pricing tallahasseemuseum.org.

Fun Station

2821 Sharer Road, Tallahassee, FL 32312
Mon. - Thurs. 12PM - 11PM
Friday 12PM - 12AM
Saturday  9AM - 12AM
Sunday 10AM - 11PM
(850)383-0788

The Funstation Family Fun Center is a place not only for family but people of all ages! Here is a colorful place with many activities, specials, and prices. Each day there is a daily special and discounts for customers to participate in. There are also Lock ins, 2 and 5 hour private lock ins with unlimited activities and the 5 hour package includes pizza and drink buffet for one hour! Activities at Fun Station include: Arcade, Batting Cages, Gem Mining, Go Karts, Laser Tag, Mini Golf and Jaco's Pizza Kitchen and Cafe. Go ahead and explore! See more tickets and pricing here.

Tom Brown Park

330 Easterwood Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32311
Sunrise to Sunset
(850)891-3866

Tom Brown Park is a great place to make your own fun. With all the space, and tables that are provided you can invite the gang over, and have a water balloon fight, dane party, scavenger hunt or even a picnic. Tom Brown Park also provides numerous baseball/softball fields, tennis courts and a basketball court. There is even a playground for the kids to play. There are parks and trails family and friends can walk on to enjoy the beautiful outdoors! Its free, fun and you can enjoy it anytime you want. See more here.

Tom Brown Park Animal Shelter

1125 Easterwood Drive, Tallahassee, FL, 32311
Mon. - Fri 10AM -6:30PM
Saturday 10AM-5PM
Sunday 1PM-5PM
(850)891-2950

This one is for my pet lovers! These dogs and cats will melt your heart. You can visit animals for free at the shelter. You are allowed to pet them and build relationships for the time being. Some of these animals are really shy, so you have to take your time with them. All of them really need a home, and it melts my heart when I go to the Animal Shelter and I can't take any of them to a nice home. But, there are other ways to help these animals by taking the pledge today #LoveOurPets and Volunteering and Getting Involved. Please go visit these cute animals, they would love some affection! See more info here.

Skate World

2563 Capital Cir NE, Tallahassee, FL 32308
Mon. Tues. Thurs. 9AM- 8:30PM
Wednesday 9AM - 5PM
Friday  9AM - 11PM
Saturday 11AM - 11:30PM
Sunday Closed
(850) 386-4807

In this upbeat, hip, and colorful indoor skating rink you can have a great time. There is even a game room, and games to fill the walkway as you come in. You can check in your tickets to get prices, and you can skate, skate, skate! Remember to bring your own socks, and invite as many friends as possible. See more tickets and pricing here.

Museum of Florida History

500 South Bronough Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399
Mon. - Fri. 9AM - 4:30PM
Saturday: 10AM - 4:30PM
Sunday and holidays Noon - 4:30PM
(850)245-6400

The Museum of Florida History is the U.S. State of Florida's history museum. This museum showcases different exhibits and artifacts which displays prehistory and history up to date. The museum is free of charge and there is plenty of room to explore and research. There are many exhibits to gain more knowledge from. There is also a coloring table for the children to play on, and an upstairs cabin where can the kids can play dress up and house. Go visit the the Tallahassee Museum of Florida History, they will kindly greet you with a smile upon entrance! See more at events here.

Tally Rock Gym

629 Industrial Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32310
Mon. - Fri. 12- 10PM
Saturday 2PM -10PM
Sunday 1PM - 7PM
(850)224-7625

Tallahassee Rock Gym provides everyone with an interest in rock climbing the platform to practice and learn a new skill. Located inside a railroad warehouse, the walls are 32 feet high. No experience or training necessary, they are speacialized to help you learn how to climb. There are intro classes, standard rates and membership rates. They also host birthday parties! Go ahead, and Lets go Climbing at Tally Rock Gym. See more tickets and prices here.

Sky Zone

1925 N Monroe St #109, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Mon. Closed
Tues - Thurs. 3PM - 9PM
Friday 3PM - 10PM
Saturday 10AM - 10PM
Sunday - 11AM - 7PM

(850) 999-5600

In this bounce house of fun, you are allowed to jump as much as you want! Sky Zone is the first indoor trampoline park and Tallahassee finally has one! Not only is the park entertaining but it is healthy as well; you are exercising without any pressure. This trampoline park features freestyle bouncing, doge-ball, fitness programs, birthday parties and more. Come to Sky Cone where jumping is a pleasure, and you are free to float and enjoy yourself regardless of age. See more tickets and pricing here.