Talking to Your Loved One in Heaven

Talking to Your Loved One in Heaven

51
Talking to Your Loved One in Heaven
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

I know what it is like to lose a loved one. When I am out and about, if I see something that reminds me of my mom, I start talking out loud as if I am talking directly to her. I have been laughed at and called crazy. From my perspective, talking out loud to your loved one in heaven is completely normal. Every person has their own way of coping with death, this is what works for me. I feel closure talking to my mom. I have continued doing so despite people's negative comments. Not a day goes by where I don’t think about my mom. It’s been three years and it's still an open wound.

Every day I remind myself to stay positive even when it feels like my world is falling apart. I remind others of this message as well. It's important to keep your head held high, even when things don't go as planned.

Everyone has struggled with something at some point during their life. We must learn to stay strong and push through it. I remind myself and my friends that life is too short to worry what other people think about you. Next time you miss your loved one in heaven, speak your thoughts to them, I promise it helps.